2018 NFL Draft Thread: Jets clinch 6th overall pick

jetskid007

2 hours ago, Dr.O said:

Ogbonnia Okoronkwo in the 2nd would be so clutch, has the speed and athleticism we need at the edge and is pretty good in coverage

I like him too. His biggest issue is his size. Very small for an edge guy. He only weighs 215lbs.

20 hours ago, rdelaney89 said:

What would you consider our needs if QB, C, LG are taken care of? I don't think there is a viable option for pass rusher available in FA so that IMO would be something we address in the draft.

I would say outside corner, slot corner, edge are needs. An additional RB if we cut Forte, long term answer at LT and depth at DE would be considerations.

I would like our WRs and TEs to get another year before we add a number one guy. I think Anderson can still get better. And I have high hopes for Leggett, Enunwa and Hansen.

28 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

I would say outside corner, slot corner, edge are needs. An additional RB if we cut Forte, long term answer at LT and depth at DE would be considerations.

I would like our WRs and TEs to get another year before we add a number one guy. I think Anderson can still get better. And I have high hopes for Leggett, Enunwa and Hansen.

I have my worries about our WRs. Enunwa and Robby I think are quite overrated. We look at their stats from last year and this year and they look good for late Round or UDFA gets. But let’s not forget why those stats are inflated. They got most those stats in rather garbage time in games a lot of the times. This isn’t saying they don’t have talent bc they sure do. But not sure we have 2 1k WRs with them. Enunwa health is big time worrisome. That’s no easy injury. A neck injury is very serious. Any hit can end his career now (more so than a regular player). We really can’t say a single thing about Hansen, Stewart or Leggett bc they barely played. Quite frankly if we can even just have them playing next year that’s an improvement. But I have Very Low expectations for them. If we can’t get a FA QB I’m all for going hard for some offensive weapons along with OLine. AR15, Graham and Bell (if Pitt lets him walk).

12 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I have my worries about our WRs. Enunwa and Robby I think are quite overrated. We look at their stats from last year and this year and they look good for late Round or UDFA gets. But let’s not forget why those stats are inflated. They got most those stats in rather garbage time in games a lot of the times. This isn’t saying they don’t have talent bc they sure do. But not sure we have 2 1k WRs with them. Enunwa health is big time worrisome. That’s no easy injury. A neck injury is very serious. Any hit can end his career now (more so than a regular player). We really can’t say a single thing about Hansen, Stewart or Leggett bc they barely played. Quite frankly if we can even just have them playing next year that’s an improvement. But I have Very Low expectations for them. If we can’t get a FA QB I’m all for going hard for some offensive weapons along with OLine. AR15, Graham and Bell (if Pitt lets him walk).

We were in almost ever game this year, how did those guys pack their stats with garbage time? Only one I can remember was Andersons TD vs Tampa

7 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Where'd you see that? Thought he was around 240

His draft profiles say 240, but you can just look at the guy and see he’s not that. Some sites have him at 215. I’d imagine he’s actually around 225lbs. Still very small for an OLB. Love his skill set and speed is what we need, but can he get free once engaged is my issue. He will be a guy that will need to add 10-20lbs leading up to the combine and all if he wants to go in the 1st couple Rounds.

5 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

We were in almost ever game this year, how did those guys pack their stats with garbage time? Only one I can remember was Andersons TD vs Tampa

A final score being close doesn’t always dictate the actual game being close. A good amount of Robby’s stats came in the 2nd half when we needed to score to make the game close.

19 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I'd be ok adding Robinson if FA. But 89's questions was specific to needs during the draft if we sign a QB, C and OG. I would much rather give Leggett and Hansen another year than draft another young WR or TE. 

Anderson still has potential to grow. 

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

A final score being close doesn’t always dictate the actual game being close. A good amount of Robby’s stats came in the 2nd half when we needed to score to make the game close.

The Jets were in almost all games by half time. We lost games because we weren't good in the second half.

Macc isn’t a guy who really drafts needs we have to remember. He’s a BPA. I think the only position he has crossed off his board is S. If a player he values falls to him at any other spot I think he drafts them if they have a high grade for him. So I don’t think we can rule out any position in Rounds 2 and later. 

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Okay I'll need clarification on that. Maybe the site you are using for your stats is messed up.

Robby's stat line:

63 catches 941 yards and 7 TD

Robby's stat line through quarters 1-3:

52 catches 717 yards and 6 TDs

TD's by Quarter per game:

Miami - 2nd Quarter

Miami - 1st Quarter

Atlanta - 2nd Quarter

Buffalo - 3rd Quarter (game was 10-7 at that point)

Tampa - 4th Quarter (garbage time)

Carolina - 2nd Quarter (Before score 3-12) & 3rd Quarter (before score 10-12)

Like I said Tampa is the only game where you can consider his stats garbage time and he only had 38 yards in the final two drives so it's not like he benefited from soft coverage.

4 hours ago, SDotNova said:

I agree with the positions, 2 corners, an edge, a RB, LT and interior DL, but it depends on the talent on the board when we pick. For example, at this time , I don’t see any CBs, Interior DL, or Edge rushers (outside of Chubb) worth the six pick. Leaves us with OT, RB or double dipping at G by taking Nelson. Trading down 8-10 picks and getting another 2nd would great. 

7 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

I agree with the positions, 2 corners, an edge, a RB, LT and interior DL, but it depends on the talent on the board when we pick. For example, at this time , I don’t see any CBs, Interior DL, or Edge rushers (outside of Chubb) worth the six pick. Leaves us with OT, RB or double dipping at G by taking Nelson. Trading down 8-10 picks and getting another 2nd would great. 

How mean of an OL would Beachum/Norwell/Jensen/Nelson/Shell be

On 1/5/2018 at 12:44 PM, barnaby8787 said:

We need at least 1 corner, potentially 2, need to figure out our DE situation, could use another receiver, and likely will need at least 25 mil or so to re-sign guys.  Given the depth at center in the draft, we'd be better off waiting for that.

Claiborne ($8M) + a FA likely won't cost more than $20M per year (I'm not interested in CB that will cost $14-16M). We've already had contract talks with Ealy and there are rumors swirling that Sheldon wants to come back so at the very least there are 2 options there, one expensive ($12M) and the other far cheaper. Unless Enunwa retires where will that receiver play? Enunwa, Kearse, Anderson, and ASJ are more than enough without discussing any young options who received more playing time this year. I'd say WR is a definite non-need. OL generally have a larger learning curve than other positions, considering we may have a rookie QB I think it would make more sense to sign the best C available to at least give stability along the line.

Archived