2018 NFL Draft Thread: Jets clinch 6th overall pick

jetskid007

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

So mayfield never got arrested? Or did antics on the field that shouldn’t have been done?

I really don't think that was more than a college kid drinking too much. Ray Lewis helped commit murder and Big Ben had his buddies prevent people from entering the bathroom where he raped a girl. Resisting arrest is a charge they slap on you because they want to throw the book at you, it's a fluff charge. It's not like he was OJ evading police.

10 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

I really don't think that was more than a college kid drinking too much. Ray Lewis helped commit murder and Big Ben had his buddies prevent people from entering the bathroom where he raped a girl. Resisting arrest is a charge they slap on you because they want to throw the book at you, it's a fluff charge. It's not like he was OJ evading police.

Oh so we should be ok with Mayfield bc he didn’t murder or rape someone? Seriously? You’re grasping here man.

You're right in that if he just got a PI that wouldn’t be a big deal. Go read his arrest report please before you comment on it. He tried running away from the police once already arrested as well as yelling profanities the whole time.

Its classic man. Tons of you just love the guy and will excuse everything wrong he does. If you didn’t like him as a player you’d have the exact same stance as me. You guys just love him and want to look past it.

I choose to look at from the Jets perspective. And he is the opposite of what we are trying to do with the franchise from a character and locker room standpoint. So like I said... you can love him as a prospect... but it is very unlikely our Fo likes him with these extra issues that come with him. So like him love him, but know his odds of wearing our jersey are very slim. I suggest digging deeper on the other 3 guys.

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Oh so we should be ok with Mayfield bc he didn’t murder or rape someone? Seriously? You’re grasping here man.

You're right in that if he just got a PI that wouldn’t be a big deal. Go read his arrest report please before you comment on it. He tried running away from the police once already arrested as well as yelling profanities the whole time.

Its classic man. Tons of you just love the guy and will excuse everything wrong he does. If you didn’t like him as a player you’d have the exact same stance as me. You guys just love him and want to look past it.

I choose to look at from the Jets perspective. And he is the opposite of what we are trying to do with the franchise from a character and locker room standpoint. So like I said... you can love him as a prospect... but it is very unlikely our Fo likes him with these extra issues that come with him. So like him love him, but know his odds of wearing our jersey are very slim. I suggest digging deeper on the other 3 guys.

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I have to agree with RDelaney on this one, I see no problem with Mayfield, we have a lunatic on our roster now that everybody wants it to look away like it didn't happen. All that Mayfield & Rosen stuff is nothing. 

40 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

This is so off base. This is nothing more than how you feel personally. And pretty much everyone disagrees with you.

We get it, he’s not Cousins or Teddy Bridgewater and you don’t want him. But you don’t have any evidence to support the Jets don’t.

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

This is so off base. This is nothing more than how you feel personally. And pretty much everyone disagrees with you.

We get it, he’s not Cousins or Teddy Bridgewater and you don’t want him. But you don’t have any evidence to support the Jets don’t.

This could not be less true. You clearly haven’t paid attention to what we’ve done the last year or so then. Macc hasn’t targeted high character guys? Look at our draft picks last year. All leaders (with no issues off the field that didn’t have disrespectful antics on the field). Both Macc and Bowles countless times have said they want to make the locker room better. Mayfield doesn’t exactly fit that with being arrested on 3 counts and several dispectfuo antics in the field.

Now let’s turn to the bigger issue. What does Macc look for in a QB? Size. Mayfield doesn’t offer that and that won’t change. Mayfield won’t magically grow 3 inches taller.

So there’s every reason to believe he’s not high on our board. Do I know that for a fact? Gosh No. Do you know that he’s high on our Board? But I can go based on what Macc’s looked for in the past. And Mayfield doesn’t check off a lot of the boxes.

And to be quite blunt about it....

You guys are just fans of him and want him here. There’s no evidence to support that Macc and the FO want him bad. It’s just you guys as fans wanting him. Look at what Macc and the staff looks for in a QB. Not what you like about Mayfield.

Broadway Baker didn't run away from police. In my version of the story, the police officer was like "Dude you need to get faster". Baker being Baker was like "I'll out run you any day". So, they had an old fashion leg race. Those that were looking at the event unfold thought Baker was running away from the police officer. In reality, Baker just smoked him by a good 10 yards.

Just kidding. I don't think people are going to meet in the middle on Mayfield. You either like him or you don't. 

1 minute ago, SDotNova said:

Broadway Baker didn't run away from police. In my version of the story, the police officer was like "Dude you need to get faster". Baker being Baker was like "I'll out run you any day". So, they had an old fashion leg race. Those that were looking at the event unfold thought Baker was running away from the police officer when is reality, Baker just smoked him by a good 10 yards.

HE SMOKES TOO?!??

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

And to be quite blunt about it....

You guys are just fans of him and want him here. There’s no evidence to support that Macc and the FO want him bad. It’s just you guys as fans wanting him. Look at what Macc and the staff looks for in a QB. Not what you like about Mayfield.

The jets are very interested in Mayfield. Rotoworld has reported that the jets have meet with Mayfield several times and invited him to throw for them later on. I have found no other reports about the jets inventing any other QB.  So to answer your comment, Yes the jets are very interested in him or they would not waste his time or theirs on this. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

This could not be less true. You clearly haven’t paid attention to what we’ve done the last year or so then. Macc hasn’t targeted high character guys? Look at our draft picks last year. All leaders (with no issues off the field that didn’t have disrespectful antics on the field). Both Macc and Bowles countless times have said they want to make the locker room better. Mayfield doesn’t exactly fit that with being arrested on 3 counts and several dispectfuo antics in the field.

Now let’s turn to the bigger issue. What does Macc look for in a QB? Size. Mayfield doesn’t offer that and that won’t change. Mayfield won’t magically grow 3 inches taller.

So there’s every reason to believe he’s not high on our board. Do I know that for a fact? Gosh No. Do you know that he’s high on our Board? But I can go based on what Macc’s looked for in the past. And Mayfield doesn’t check off a lot of the boxes.

Im pretty sure we are scoutinf Mayfield incredibly hard. We are meeting with him in NJ, as well as have private workouts planned. And b4 you say every team will, everg team doesnt. So far its been reported the Jets and Browns have shown the most interest by far. 

The jets are def interested in Mayfield. 

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Lol. The Jets are interested whether you like it or not ?

Archived