Solo: A Star Wars Story

RamRod

I thought the teaser looked terrible personally. Probably up there with Jurassic World 2 and Tom Raider as the worst for this year. That's odd considering I've loved the trailer for pretty much all the other new Star Wars movies.

Watched the full teaser trailer, and yikes I think they made a big mistake casting Ehrenreich.  Harrison Ford pretty much dripped charisma off the screen and this new guy is about as charming as a pet rock.  I'm sure i'll end up seeing it since my kids are pretty gung ho about it, but my briefly raised expectations are coming right back down.  Props to the guy who edited the super bowl spot, shined up that turd real nice.

3 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Yeah, part of me really feels like this is going to severely tarnish the story of Han Solo and his entire character in Star Wars. I really hope it doesn't, but I just have that feeling.

I don't need a Han origin story. Honestly. We got enough character development in 1977. 

The problem I have with this movie is that Han has been and (to me) always will be an anti-hero, and you can't make a movie with an anti-hero because anti-heros are by definition passive characters, and you can't make a movie with a passive protagonist.  They're going to have to change everything about Han.  Maybe it'll show how he became an anti-hero, so there's still hope. 

I'm going to enjoy it because of Han and Chewie and Lando.  Mostly Chewie. 

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

The problem I have with this movie is that Han has been and (to me) always will be an anti-hero, and you can't make a movie with an anti-hero because anti-heros are by definition passive characters, and you can't make a movie with a passive protagonist.  They're going to have to change everything about Han.  Maybe it'll show how he became an anti-hero, so there's still hope. 

I'm going to enjoy it because of Han and Chewie and Lando.  Mostly Chewie. 

I agree with this. I just don't think that this is a story that needed telling. I really hope the Kessel run doesn't show up. Too much fan service, leave some things be.

Just now, sunnygsm said:

I agree with this. I just don't think that this is a story that needed telling. I really hope the Kessel run doesn't show up. Too much fan service, leave some things be.

I will be VERY upset if the Kessel run shows up.  That part of Han's back story, the stuff of legend, you don't want it spoiled.  Did he really do it, or did something happen to make it look like he did?  It's part of what makes Han Han.  So many times he talked crap, so many times he didn't back it up.  So many times he talked crap, so many times he DID back it up.  You can't touch that.  That mystery. 

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

I will be VERY upset if the Kessel run shows up.  That part of Han's back story, the stuff of legend, you don't want it spoiled.  Did he really do it, or did something happen to make it look like he did?  It's part of what makes Han Han.  So many times he talked crap, so many times he didn't back it up.  So many times he talked crap, so many times he DID back it up.  You can't touch that.  That mystery. 

But Disney. Here's hoping they leave it be. 

That was cringeworthy bad. That turd playing Han is about as charismatic as a wet sock, and he has the absolute worst voice, but that's what nepotism gets you in Hollywood.

I will not be seeing this in theaters and Ive seen the past 6 movies on opening weekend. Deadpool is going to go in dry during Memorial Day weekend. 

Archived