Solo: A Star Wars Story

RamRod

The actor playing Solo will get way more hate than he deserves.

The studio deserves way way way more hate.

Ive been calling it since the first time I ever heard someone suggest a solo...ehh...Solo movie....no actor can replicate what Harrison Ford brought to the screen.    So many little subtleties and nuances to his performances that no other actor can pull off.     Now, that doesnt mean that I dont think there is actor who could be decent (and certainly better than this guy), but Star Wars fans (the die hard ones) arent exactly well known for being forgiving, and being that Solo is one of the most iconic Star Wars characters, there is no actor that couldve been cast that wouldve pleased the diehards...and even alot of average Star Wars fans.     

All of that falls on the studio for not understanding that.   Or maybe they did understand that and just didnt care.....thinking that simply throwing "Star Wars" on it will bring in tons of money regardless of what kind of cinematic diarrhea they put on the screen.

18 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

The actor playing Solo will get way more hate than he deserves.

The studio deserves way way way more hate.

Ive been calling it since the first time I ever heard someone suggest a solo...ehh...Solo movie....no actor can replicate what Harrison Ford brought to the screen.    So many little subtleties and nuances to his performances that no other actor can pull off.     Now, that doesnt mean that I dont think there is actor who could be decent (and certainly better than this guy), but Star Wars fans (the die hard ones) arent exactly well known for being forgiving, and being that Solo is one of the most iconic Star Wars characters, there is no actor that couldve been cast that wouldve pleased the diehards...and even alot of average Star Wars fans.     

All of that falls on the studio for not understanding that.   Or maybe they did understand that and just didnt care.....thinking that simply throwing "Star Wars" on it will bring in tons of money regardless of what kind of cinematic diarrhea they put on the screen.

Executive Producer: "I see what you're saying, however, my counter argument would be, money."

6 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

The one where Solo doesn't say a single word?

No, new trailer out today where Aldenreich actually looks competent.  Miracles of editing I'm guessing.  Either that or extensive reshoots.

1 minute ago, THE DUKE said:

No, new trailer out today where Aldenreich actually looks competent.  Miracles of editing I'm guessing.  Either that or extensive reshoots.

Ah, have not seen that yet then. Not sure I want to either, I'm sure I'll eventually see it (tho not in theaters) and I try not to see more than 1, 2 trailers tops for movies (piece together too much after that, tho some movies have too much given away with just one trailer).

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

Ah, have not seen that yet then. Not sure I want to either, I'm sure I'll eventually see it (tho not in theaters) and I try not to see more than 1, 2 trailers tops for movies (piece together too much after that, tho some movies have too much given away with just one trailer).

This one has a lot of new content, so probably best to stay away if you don't want to know too much off the story.

Trailer looks good. I'm looking forward to this, I know it's been through a rocky road, but it seems like it's got real potential. Can't wait to see 'bino as Lando.

Just hope that people won't get stuck on Ehrenreich not being Harrison Ford. I think he can be successful in the role while not having to emulate Ford to a tee. Problem is a lot of Star Wars fans aren't willing to accept anything that's a little bit different to the originals.

Bottom line is I think it looks like a hell of a fun action/adventure type movie.  I think this doofus was a TERRIBLE choice to play Han, and after watching Baby Driver, them not going with that kid makes it an even WORSE choice to play Han.  However!  Sometimes all it takes to save an otherwise good movie is a little perspective.  I've decided to just pretend that before the events of this movie, Han was a fake tough type of person.  He was a scared individual who pretended to be cocky.  Then he pulled off whatever Han pulls off in this one and he became the Han we all know and love. 

I will also pretend that the character Daenerys is playing is actually an alien and that, since she's an alien, she comes across as a terrible actress in everything she says and does.

Also, I think Donald Glover is going to make me realize how much I've underrated Lando as a character. 

Archived