Solo: A Star Wars Story

RamRod

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Uhhhh no he isn't.

You sound as confident as these people 38 years ago:

"Han Solo saving Luke's life on the ice planet Hoth by slashing open a snow camel and warming him inside; Luke's hand being lopped off, and his seemingly endless fall through space; Chewbacca, the Wookiee, yowling in grief or in comic fear, his sounds so hyper-human you couldn't help laughing at them; the big-eared green elf Yoda, with shining ancient eyes, who pontifically instructs Luke in how to grow up wise - Yoda looks like a wonton and talks like a fortune cookie."

"C'mon Leia, why don't you take a look around? Can't you see what Luke is up against? You could have a "nice guy" like him. Instead, you are turning your back on him. Forget that it was Luke that saved you from having your atoms scattered throughout the galaxy. Forget that it was Luke, and not Han Solo, that wanted you rescued from the Death Star detention area. But you don't need to remember all that, Leia. As long as hot-lips Han is around, who needs Luke anyway?"

"I know they wanted to leave something to settle in the other sequels, but they left a little too much. For instance, Han Solo's predicament. The movie should not have ended until Han was either killed by Boba Fett or Jabba or rescued by Lando Calrissian or Chewbacca, the former, preferably. Also, the fate of Bespin is not told. Was it taken by Lando's troops, taken by Imperial troops or destroyed by Vader? I like Lando Calrissian and Billy Dee Williams was very good playing the part."

"Is Luke related to Vader? Most think so now that Vader came right out and said it. Well, I say, do you believe everything you hear? Vader may have lied just to enlist Luke to his side. Vader would then dispose of Luke once he got what he wanted."

And, one of the biggest questions in my mind is who is Yoda’s “other” student? Could it possibly be a girl — a love interest for Luke? I have 1,095 days in which to draw my own conclusions.

Somebody should tell Harrison Ford that when a woman tells a man, “I love you,” “I know” is not an acceptable response. That scene was not funny, it was infuriating.

I liked it. I really did. I just didn’t like it enough.

Just about every other critic in the country has been telling you how good the picture is; they’ve been falling over themselves to tell you. It’s embarrassing. I feel guilty for not liking it as much as I’m supposed to.

Why not stay with Han and Leia until they leave the asteroid and head for the Bespin system, then cut to Luke arriving at Dagobah and stay with him until he leaves?

Changes the pace? Yes, it slows it down. It also suggests some scale of distance between these places. (Crosscutting also implies simultaneity — a concept which most modern physicists say is impossible, especially on an astronomical scale. Sorry.)

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

You sound as confident as these people 38 years ago:

Cool.  I just didn't think TLJ was a good movie, and I felt like they destroyed all the momentum they had following TFA.  You're entitled to your own opinion if you liked it, but it based on most reviews and responses after the movie came out, it sounds like its about a 50/50 split on the opinion of the movie.  Therefore I feel my opinion is just as valid as yours. 

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Cool.  I just didn't think TLJ was a good movie, and I felt like they destroyed all the momentum they had following TFA.  You're entitled to your own opinion if you liked it, but it based on most reviews and responses after the movie came out, it sounds like its about a 50/50 split on the opinion of the movie.  Therefore I feel my opinion is just as valid as yours. 

It is.  You're just judging it before the final installment comes out, and I'm showing you what happens when you do that.  Unless you think the person who speculated Vader wasn't actually Luke's father was spot on, or that the person who suggested Leia should end up with Luke was spot on.  I've already shown how reviews don't mean squat when it comes to the longevity of a movie, and they don't.  Only time will tell. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, cddolphin said:

Why is the movie in local theaters if the release date is tomorrow? I don't get it.

IIRC in theory it’s ok to show on Thu because it’s Friday in Asia/Europe sometime on Thu in NA.   Also a way to reduce trans-continental spoiling.   But really the theaters get to release early while not violating the hard date (in theory).   

10 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Not gonna lie, I usually don't get mad at spoilers, but the guy who literally just came in and posted the spoiler name is kinda a ****.  Really **** move.  Really. 

Not gonna lie, didn't realize it was a spoiler until you pointed it out. Pretty gross.. I'm trying to get a friend of mine to see it with me tonight but I may have to wait until the weekend.

3 hours ago, cddolphin said:

Not gonna lie, didn't realize it was a spoiler until you pointed it out. Pretty gross.. I'm trying to get a friend of mine to see it with me tonight but I may have to wait until the weekend.

Trying to figure out what you guys are talking about. 

3 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Not gonna lie, I usually don't get mad at spoilers, but the guy who literally just came in and posted the spoiler name is kinda a ****.  Really **** move.  Really. 

I deleted the post and and edited @Calvert28's post. Here is a spoiler thread for yall:

7 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

That was me I apologize, I thought I placed the spoiler tag. 

Archived