Solo: A Star Wars Story

RamRod

7 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I will be VERY upset if the Kessel run shows up.  That part of Han's back story, the stuff of legend, you don't want it spoiled.  Did he really do it, or did something happen to make it look like he did?  It's part of what makes Han Han.  So many times he talked crap, so many times he didn't back it up.  So many times he talked crap, so many times he DID back it up.  You can't touch that.  That mystery. 

You should already know it definitely will be in there. I'm already extremely disappointed in this movie. The only way that voice could ever work for Han Solo is if he was a teenager plagued with self doubt. Expectations are at the floor and idk if I'll see it in theaters. 

I agree that they should've just cut their losses on this one. I'm not looking forward to it honestly.

Maybe it's because I'm not a big Han Solo fan? idk. I wanted an Obi Wan Kenobi or Darth Maul film. Darth Plagueis would have been sweet too.

I just...I'm not a fan of the rebel alliance either. it didn't do much for me.

8 hours ago, devils1854 said:

Deadpool is going to go in dry during Memorial Day weekend. 

No, he is going in wet on wet.   

And I agree with most.   After seeing more of the guy playing Han, its basically confirming my fears.    You arent going to recreate the magic that was Harrison Ford.

At the very least, however, they couldve cast someone that was somewhat believable as him....

Yeah, the guy has zero ability to sound or act like Han Solo.  I'm starting to believe the rumors that the only reason he still gets work is because of Steven Spielberg.  Maybe Spielberg pulled a Spacey on him and he's milking Spielberg for an entire career.  I was hyped after the teaser, but the more I watch that trailer... That ain't Han. 

23 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

The idea was dumb in the first place.

I think it could have worked, but landing the right lead was priority 1 and they botched the hell out of it.  I like what we have seen about the world they are building around his youth, Harrelson and Glover were great casting choices, but when you botch the lead, it sinks the ship.

14 hours ago, Tyty said:
21 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I will be VERY upset if the Kessel run shows up.  That part of Han's back story, the stuff of legend, you don't want it spoiled.  Did he really do it, or did something happen to make it look like he did?  It's part of what makes Han Han.  So many times he talked crap, so many times he didn't back it up.  So many times he talked crap, so many times he DID back it up.  You can't touch that.  That mystery. 

You should already know it definitely will be in there. I'm already extremely disappointed in this movie. The only way that voice could ever work for Han Solo is if he was a teenager plagued with self doubt. Expectations are at the floor and idk if I'll see it in theaters. 

https://screenrant.com/solo-movie-trailer-kessel-run/

Honestly, they never had a chance with this movie. Look at the backlash that TLJ received for its depiction of Luke (which was fine IMO). Han is a more loved character, there was no way that at least half of the fan base wouldnt hate the depiction no matter who played him or how good the movie is. 

28 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

It's too bad Anthony Ingruber wasn't picked as Han. I wonder if he ever seriously applied for the position? 

I dont understand why people are obsessed with this? Because he can resemble a young Ford and does an impression of Han (an average one at best)? I know the Age of Adeline thing, but he just comes off as doing an impression, not believable acting.

In no way am I saying Ehrenreich was the answer, because there wasnt one if you were trying to recreate the magic of a young Harrison Ford. but nothing about this Ingruber guy says he can even act all that well, much less give us the Solo that everyone is clamoring for. This is a multi-million dollar branch of a multi-billion dollar franchise the are trying to kick off, not some community theater reenactment of the scenes we already have.

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

In no way am I saying Ehrenreich was the answer, because there wasnt one if you were trying to recreate the magic of a young Harrison Ford. but nothing about this Ingruber guy says he can even act all that well, much less give us the Solo that everyone is clamoring for. This is a multi-million dollar branch of a multi-billion dollar franchise the are trying to kick off, not some community theater reenactment of the scenes we already have.

You're pretty much blind if you think that Han Solo impression wasn't great. 

Not saying the Age of Adaline kid was the best answer, but he's certainly better than what we got.  And you saying this is a multi-billion dollar franchise they're trying to kick off is funny because Alden can't act either.

So if it's a choice between two actors who can't act, I'm going with the one that does a better impression. 

Archived