2018 GB Packer free agents

squire12

8 hours ago, marky mark said:

8 hours ago, FAH1223 said:

Even though Morgan hasn't made impact plays... I'd rather keep him and see how he'd do with a new DC. 

Jones is more of a LB. Brice has speed but I'm not sure how he'd do as a full time starter. 

With so many holes on the team, I'd hate to have another one. 

Yes that news surprises me unless they think Burnett's agent is just way out of the ballpark on price... as Burnett calls the plays and has been a Swiss Army knife for the defense being able to play SS, slot CB and dime LB. No one else on the team has that versatility, unless maybe Haha could, but we need a good FS back there.

And I agree, Jones has seemed to be more like the NFL's version of a speed/coverage LB more than a SS. Though I think he could do either... but I think he has the physical potential to be better as a man coverage LB. Covering TEs and speed RBs, while also being a force up front.

For me, Jordan Matthews, Sammy Watkins, and Allen Robinson are all interesting. In that order too, based on what I expected their contracts to be. I'd make a run at Tyler Eifert too if the Doc oks it. Kyle Fuller is interesting at CB too.

Just now, spilltray said:

For me, Jordan Matthews, Sammy Watkins, and Allen Robinson are all interesting. In that order too, based on what I expected their contracts to be. I'd make a run at Tyler Eifert too if the Doc oks it. Kyle Fuller is interesting at CB too.

Yeah, but pick one.  And don't re-sign Burnett or House.  I don't want to be misunderstood on the whole Cobb thing.  If we were gonna sign Matthews, Watkins or Robinson, sure, cut him.  I just think it's pipe dream quality speculation for the Green Bay Packers to cut a veteran WR that they drafted in order to sign an outside receiver.  If Jordy retires, sure, but we're not cutting Cobb to sign a free agent receiver.  That just isn't happening. 

As far as Eifert, he's the guy I want the most in free agency. 

Fuller I'd kinda rather just bring back House.  Fuller is gonna cost a lot more than House.

8 hours ago, Cadmus said:

Absolute pipedream off-season (how I would approach the offseason). 

Cut Jordy Nelson. 

Replace Capers with Fangio. 

Re-sign Davon House to modest 2 year deal. 

Re-sign Richard Rodgers to bargain bin 2 year deal. 

Re-sign Jeff Janis to be our Kassim Osgood on a ST 3 year deal. 

Trade 4th RD DP to LAC for Tyrell Williams- (Perfect complement to Adams and Cobb). One of the fastest WRs in the NFL that can stretch the field for Rodgers. LA won't be able to pay him... so why not get some draft compensation for him? You don't have to pay him until Cobb is gone/ on a new deal. 

Sign Carlos Hyde- (I promise that I'll stand on an island by myself proclaiming that he's one of the most underrated talents in the NFL until the day he retires). Super elusive, with elite balance, burst and top end speed at 225. Also capable of catching the ball 60+ times in a season. 

Sign Austin Seferian-Jenkins- Has improved considerably as a blocker. Ignore the low YPC, he possesses both the speed and agility to dominate the middle of the field. Won't break the bank due to history off the field. 

Sign Jeremiah Attaochu- Love talented players that end up buried behind absolute studs. Add him to the OLBs group. Shouldn't cost much. 

Sign Kyle Fuller- (or TJ Carrie) Fuller is a young, talented CB that wants to follow Fangio to Green Bay. 

Trade 6th RD DP to NO for Delvin Breaux- That bridge has been burned in New Orleans. Cheap to acquire, and if he's a healthy... there's a good chance you end up with a fringe top 10 CB. 

Would love Tyrell Williams, he is a 2018 RFA, so LAC would need to sign him first to trade him.

Yes to ASJ 

Yes to Attaochu 

Yes to Fuller

Yes to Breaux

Hyde would not be used well and feels like more luxury than need.

16 hours ago, Cadmus said:

Trade 4th RD DP to LAC for Tyrell Williams- (Perfect complement to Adams and Cobb). One of the fastest WRs in the NFL that can stretch the field for Rodgers. LA won't be able to pay him... so why not get some draft compensation for him? You don't have to pay him until Cobb is gone/ on a new deal. 

Sign Carlos Hyde- (I promise that I'll stand on an island by myself proclaiming that he's one of the most underrated talents in the NFL until the day he retires). Super elusive, with elite balance, burst and top end speed at 225. Also capable of catching the ball 60+ times in a season. 

Sign Austin Seferian-Jenkins- Has improved considerably as a blocker. Ignore the low YPC, he possesses both the speed and agility to dominate the middle of the field. Won't break the bank due to history off the field. 

Sign Jeremiah Attaochu- Love talented players that end up buried behind absolute studs. Add him to the OLBs group. Shouldn't cost much. 

Sign Kyle Fuller- (or TJ Carrie) Fuller is a young, talented CB that wants to follow Fangio to Green Bay. 

Trade 6th RD DP to NO for Delvin Breaux- That bridge has been burned in New Orleans. Cheap to acquire, and if he's a healthy... there's a good chance you end up with a fringe top 10 CB. 

10000% in on Delvin Breaux.  That is a legit m2m corner right there.  Little handsy though.

ASJ is a fit, not sure we'd go with another ??? head like ASJ after the marty b debacle.

Kyle Fuller is gonna get the franchise tag or some sort of tag I think.  Would like him but I think he's a slot only type corner, no?  I'm not against having 2 guys in Randall and Fuller being slot preferred guys, but it's certainly not an ideal fit.

Tyrell Williams... he's RFA, and I think SD will want to keep him, he fits in well there and they can move away from Travis Benjamin at some point and go with Williams, Williams and Allen.

7 hours ago, Cadmus said:

Hyde is better at the RB position than House ever was at CB position, but sure. 

He doesn't have hands!  He's no Le'Veon Bell.

Hyde is a great runner though.  I just don't see it with the "use him like Bell" thing.

8 hours ago, squire12 said:

Would love Tyrell Williams, he is a 2018 RFA, so LAC would need to sign him first to trade him.

Yes to ASJ 

Yes to Attaochu 

Yes to Fuller

Yes to Breaux

Hyde would not be used well and feels like more luxury than need.

Of course, but that's going to happen... and they're going to want to get Mike Williams on the field. 

That's hard to do with Allen, Henry, Gordon, and T. Benjamin (who has a reasonable long-term contract). 

1 minute ago, Cadmus said:

Of course, but that's going to happen... and they're going to want to get Mike Williams on the field. 

That's hard to do with Allen, Henry, Gordon, and T. Benjamin (who has a reasonable long-term contract). 

As RFA, he is likely pretty reasonable to re-sign for LAC.  Not sure what the tender values are for each level are.  IF LAC puts a 2nd round tender, would GB be willing to give a mid 2nd for a WR?

Just now, squire12 said:

As RFA, he is likely pretty reasonable to re-sign for LAC.  Not sure what the tender values are for each level are.  IF LAC puts a 2nd round tender, would GB be willing to give a mid 2nd for a WR?

They can choose to trade him for less than the tender. 

Archived