Offseason Discussion

deuces22wild

Whatever we do we are gonna spend this year. Spend on resigning Evans and spend on other top DL, OL, and CB free agents. This staff and front office knows they get 1 more year. They will keep enough around to resign Jameis and Kwon and Marpet, etc. But they will spend more this year I feel. We have to win so there is no hoping players will develop. They need results now.

There is a Pewter Plank article out there suggesting Tampa could be a good spot for Tyrann Mathieu if AZ releases him this off-season. He is owed $19 mil next year and that’s the premice for why he may be released...not wanting a pay cut. Licht has history with him in AZ and pairing him with Justin Evans would be huge! I’d be all for it, as long as we also get some DL and OL help in FA.

2 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

There is a Pewter Plank article out there suggesting Tampa could be a good spot for Tyrann Mathieu if AZ releases him this off-season. He is owed $19 mil next year and that’s the premice for why he may be released...not wanting a pay cut. Licht has history with him in AZ and pairing him with Justin Evans would be huge! I’d be all for it, as long as we also get some DL and OL help in FA.

I saw that too. But Palmer's $20M will be off the books, so they're ok with cap space. I think they'll be around $40M after the increase. But I don't know about anybody else they have to pay.

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

I saw that too. But Palmer's $20M will be off the books, so they're ok with cap space. I think they'll be around $40M after the increase. But I don't know about anybody else they have to pay.

If Arians was still there I’d bet they’d eat the $19 mil. With a new coach and new ideas of how to build the team (maybe a FA QB) I’d think that $19 mil will definitely be discussed and they’d want that to go down. 

Shoot if we got Mathieu, Ziggy/Bennett or Lynch/Bennett, and Norwell that would be one heck of a free agency. We are going to have holes somewhere next year. DL or DB won’t be perfect but I’d rather invest in the DL in the draft over a Josh Jackson if FA shook out like the above.

On 1/14/2018 at 1:42 PM, Lil' Shorty said:

Dion Lewis would be so much better than Sims. You guys think Licht will finally cut bait with some of his leftovers who never developed as hoped? I sure hope so.

Sony Michel, Peyton Barber, Dion Lewis

That would be sick. ^^^

damn

one can only dream

anything to get rid of sims

5 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I want Andrew Norwell. We'd take him from a division rival, he's just coming into his prime and he's an absolute stud. Could play either OG spot and we'd be able to keep Marpet at C...

Speaking of Norwell, I saw this today:

The Charlotte Observer believes the Panthers are in danger of losing LG Andrew Norwell in free agency.

The Panthers already have a ton of money invested in their offensive line, and 26-year-old former UDFA Norwell is coming off another excellent season. 

(Salivating)

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

$10M per for a guard is gonna be crazy.

if I dont have to watch Winston get pummeled from interior pressure spend away.  Cutting Martin would cover of half that bill.  

Let Pamphile walk, they still have Benenoch as reserves.  They could possibly live with Sweezy because Marpet can slide and protect him.

Go 2 for 1 and have Star jump on the private jet back to OBP.

Archived