The Official Boxing Thread IV - Golovkin vs Alvarez

J-ALL-DAY

1 hour ago, Pats#1 said:

He was definitely taking a lot of damage, but there a couple times he hurt a fury even while being hurt himself and exhausted.

Wilder had a chance of putting Fury down again all the way up to the KO

Agree to disagree. Toward the end of the fight he was on wobbly legs eating punches and occasionally throwing a hail mary hook and missing. He was extremely upset that his corner threw the towel in the last fight so they weren't going to do it again but he took a lot of unnecessary damage. 

16 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Heavyweights are so boring to watch. When they get tired they look like newborn giraffes just throwing their body parts around wildly.

The thing that I've never really understood about combat sports is why heavyweight is the way that it is. At literally every other weight class both fighters have to be at a super specific weight so that the fight is fair, safe, and competitive. But at heavyweight, the biggest, heaviest, and most dangerous fighters can fight someone that weighs 30-40+ pounds more then them.

13 minutes ago, mse326 said:

what was that supposed to prove? They didn't show the end of the round

Wilder was on dead legs literally just breaking from the clinch throwing 1 wild shot over and over again for like 3 rounds. I respect his heart but he legitimately probably suffered brain damage last night by fighting the last couple of rounds. He was out landed 64-23 in the final 4 rounds and was 5/42 on his punches thrown in the 10th round. 

1 hour ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Heavyweights are so boring to watch. When they get tired they look like newborn giraffes just throwing their body parts around wildly.

much better to watch very fit guys continuing to dance around mostly feinting so that one can cleverly win on points. as a casual fan, that was my takeaway of every big mayweather fight except when he caught ortiz who was going in for a hug

canelo at least had been more exciting

Edited by Turnobili

22 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Wilder was on dead legs literally just breaking from the clinch throwing 1 wild shot over and over again for like 3 rounds. I respect his heart but he legitimately probably suffered brain damage last night by fighting the last couple of rounds. He was out landed 64-23 in the final 4 rounds and was 5/42 on his punches thrown in the 10th round. 

What's that have to do with the end of the round. Fury got rocked over those last 10-15 seconds and was in real trouble if there was more time left

27 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

but then at the end of round 10 he did land some big shots on Fury who appeared to be somewhat hurt

fury definitely controlled the vast majority of the fight but it was still clear that Wilder's desperation punches could occasionally land and do serious damage

1 hour ago, mse326 said:

What's that have to do with the end of the round. Fury got rocked over those last 10-15 seconds and was in real trouble if there was more time left

Landed a couple of hail mary shots and got absolutely mauled for the last few rounds, probably took years off of his career. 

58 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

but then at the end of round 10 he did land some big shots on Fury who appeared to be somewhat hurt

fury definitely controlled the vast majority of the fight but it was still clear that Wilder's desperation punches could occasionally land and do serious damage

That's fine in the last two rounds he was 9/59 on shots thrown. While Fury landed 30 shots on him. I respect him for wanting to go out on his shield but he got beat down and took a ton of unnecessary damage.

1345768968.5.jpg 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

That's fine in the last two rounds he was 9/59 on shots thrown. While Fury landed 30 shots on him. I respect him for wanting to go out on his shield but he got beat down and took a ton of unnecessary damage.

1345768968.5.jpg 

nobody is arguing with you that fury controlled the fight lol. its like you're intentionally declining to engage with what people are saying

Edited by Turnobili

10 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

nobody is arguing with you that fury controlled the fight lol. its like you're intentionally declining to engage with what people are saying

His corner should've thrown in the towel. He was on shaky legs in like round 8 and was literally just getting walked down, tagged, and throwing Hail Mary's. I understand he caught Fury once at the end of the 10th but did that have any impact on the outcome? No. Did Wilder taking a ton of heavy shots over the course of those last few rounds have an impact on his long term health and career? Probably.

32 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

His corner should've thrown in the towel. He was on shaky legs in like round 8 and was literally just getting walked down, tagged, and throwing Hail Mary's. I understand he caught Fury once at the end of the 10th but did that have any impact on the outcome? No. Did Wilder taking a ton of heavy shots over the course of those last few rounds have an impact on his long term health and career? Probably.

literally nobody is arguing this

whether Wilder's shots that landed in the 10th impacted the outcome is known due to hindsight, and that he lost.