The Official Boxing Thread IV - Golovkin vs Alvarez

J-ALL-DAY

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

My whole argument was that his corner should've thrown in the towel. Instead of letting him get beat on for rounds in hopes that he might potentially land a Hail Mary.

the only argument that is being made is that despite everything you are saying, it was still impressive that Wilder, seemingly dead on his feet, was able to land some big shots that looked to put Fury in danger at the end of the 10th. its pretty nuts that someone so evidently gassed and getting dominated as Wilder was still able to pose a threat to win in those closing rounds.

you dont have to think it was a smart/good decision to let him keep fighting to acknowledge that point. repeating over and over again the Fury was in complete control of that fight from the middle rounds on isn't addressing that point either

Edited by Turnobili

On 10/10/2021 at 4:56 PM, Hunter2_1 said:

Whyte?! Ffs

Usyk is tied up wuth the AJ rematch.

Fury vs Whyte sells out a 70k stadium in the UK.  May not seem a huge fight to US fans...  but it'll generate serious income in London/Manchester.

Edited by Dan_Bali

On 10/11/2021 at 10:14 AM, Dan_Bali said:

Fury vs Whyte sells out a 70k stadium in the UK.  May not seem a huge fight to US fans...  but it'll generate serious income in London/Manchester.

I'm British, I'm not intrigued by a Dillian Whyte match, certainly not when he's so out-matched. If it sells out, fine, they're there to see Fury I guess which is understandable. 

On 10/11/2021 at 2:14 AM, Dan_Bali said:

Definitely, big UK showdown. But it won't be very competitive. Fury will just out box from the outside and make him look silly. Whyte obviously has more weight and strength than Deontay so he won't get mauled in the clinches.

Wilder is just too small for Fury. Forget the skill advantage for Fury, but that weight and size is too much. Fury just takes him to the clinch and leans on him and takes his legs away. Wilder also should have just come in at 215-220 pounds as I think his stamina has been impacted by coming in heavier the last two fights. He was never going to be big or strong enough to hold Fury off of him. 

Oh well, hell of a fight though! 

What's the plan for Canelo after Plant? Is Charlo going to go up 8 lbs? Is Canelo going to go back to light heavyweight for his indoctrination vs Beterbiev? He going to chase another fight with a 40 year old GGG? Bivol/Ramirez at 175? Is he going to risk it all at 168 vs Benavidez? Andrade going to come up?

Personally, I want Canelo vs Beterbiev (175) or Benavidez for all the 168 marbles.

Canelo is an all time great. Early rounds Plant was doing a good job with the quick left jab he has and throwing like twice as many punches as Canelo, but he just got wasn’t hurting him with anything either. The shoulder roll he utilizes did a good job keeping Canelo’s left hooks at bay more often than not. Canelo just hammered his body and you knew by the mid rounds it was just a matter of time before he was gonna finish him.

• Like 2

On 10/30/2021 at 12:08 AM, beekay414 said:

What's the plan for Canelo after Plant? Is Charlo going to go up 8 lbs? Is Canelo going to go back to light heavyweight for his indoctrination vs Beterbiev? He going to chase another fight with a 40 year old GGG? Bivol/Ramirez at 175? Is he going to risk it all at 168 vs Benavidez? Andrade going to come up?

Personally, I want Canelo vs Beterbiev (175) or Benavidez for all the 168 marbles.

I don’t want Canelo/Beterbiev. I feel like Beterbiev wouldn’t give 2 $#it’s about Canelos power and stops him late. 

• Like 1