Randy Gregory

CAPJ

1 minute ago, CAPJ said:

Does anyone have an update on him? I thought he was eligible to come back.

I would be open to giving him one more chance as long as that means we are solely not counting on him and him alone.

That's a good question. I thought he was eligible to apply for reinstatement last month, but hadn't seen anything new on his status.

5 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

God I hope he comes back in shape and better then ever. I would be willing to put DE on the low priority list if Marinelli decided he was good to go. I mean say what you want about Rod but he knows his guys. 

It would be great if he could become the player we hoped he'd be for us, especially with the emergence of Lawrence and Irving. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Maybe without the use of weed, he turned to prescriptions and alcohol like a true American and threw on 20 #'s. Cause that boy was too skinny. 

Dunno about that. Have you seen most of the successful edge rushers? They're pretty lean. 

5 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

Dunno about that. Have you seen most of the successful edge rushers? They're pretty lean. 

Dude weighed like 235 at 6'5 when we drafted him. Those are WR numbers, not DL numbers. 

Edit - Also, I disagree about successful DEs being super lean. The leaders this year:

Jones - 6'5 265

Cambell - 6'8 300

Lawrence - 6'3 265

Griffen - 6'3 273

Heyward - 6'5 295

None of them are close to being as skinny as Gregory 

12 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

It would be great if he could become the player we hoped he'd be for us, especially with the emergence of Lawrence and Irving. 

If he can, that would be great.

LE-Irving, 1 Tech? , 3T Collins, RE- Lawrence.

With Crawford, Charlton, Gregory and Tapper as the rotation.

45 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Just for giggles - 2016 numbers:

Beasely 6'3 245

Miller 6'3 250

Alexander 6'1 245

Golden 6'3 260

Hunter 6'5 250

Hunter is the only sack leader in the last 2 years thats even close to his leaness. 

c71a190a0aff4f0f90709163ce91e8e2-780x117635818201864027459-markus-golden.jpg
usa-today-9756016.0.jpeg
Danielle_Hunter.JPG

235 when we drafted him - highly doubt that's what he was playing at. Looking at these photos, I'm not seeing a huge difference.

Im not sure you can just look at a few pictures and claim that. I mean, the pure fact that those guys all have a much more dense height/weight ratio should tell you that. If you could just spitball people weight off a photo how much would you say this guy weights:

ronnie-rockel-e1312805855578.jpg

Because its the same 235 that Gregory weighs. Everyone carries it differently. 

Archived