Curious Case of Mike Mularkey

KingTitan

If he quits he's a p*ssy. He should just keep his mouth shut and coach, now he's taking the focus off a great playoff win and the focus is now on him and his press conference and being upset the FO didn't coddle him like a f*cking baby and tell him his job is safe. Well guess what YOUR offensive coordinator is trash and YOU didn't do anything all season to change it. YOU underachieved and lost 3 of the last 4 and barely made it into the playoffs. So no Mularkey. You shouldn't be upset you weren't reassured because YOU are the reason your job wasn't safe. That really pisses me off after such an amazing win..takes some air out of the balloon. He's really gonna start acting like a f*cking diva now? Really? After THIS win? Cmon dude.

Edited by dtait93

Just now, dtait93 said:

If he quits he's a p*ssy. He should just keep his mouth shut and coach, now he's taking the focus of a great playoff win and the focus is now on him and his press conference and being upset the FO didn't coddle him like a f*cking baby and tell him his job is safe. Well guess what YOUR offensive coordinator is trash and YOU didn't do anything all season to change it. YOU underachieved and lost 3 of the last 4 and barely made it into the playoffs. So no Mularkey. You shouldn't be upset you weren't reassured because YOU are the reason your job wasn't safe. That really pisses me off after such an amazing win..takes some air out of the balloon. He's really gonna start acting like a f*cking diva now? Really? After THIS win? Cmon dude.

Shouldn't be bringing it up to the media, but it none the less looks absolutely awful on Robinson and AAS that they didn't even talk to him with all the rumors floating around.

It's not about reassuring him that his job is safe. It's communicating with him period. If his job is on the line, let him know. If it's not, let him know. If you're not actually sure, let him know.

Leaving him in the dark is a really childish and unprofessional move by the FO.

Honestly feels like they should get rid of Mularkey no matter what after the season. 

If it truly is/was a "must win or your fired" situation these past two weeks then it's clear that Robinson/AAS aren't all in with Mularkey.

The longer this hangs around out there, the uglier this could potentially get.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

Shouldn't be bringing it up to the media, but it none the less looks absolutely awful on Robinson and AAS that they didn't even talk to him with all the rumors floating around.

It's not about reassuring him that his job is safe. It's communicating with him period. If his job is on the line, let him know. If it's not, let him know. If you're not actually sure, let him know.

Leaving him in the dark is a really childish and unprofessional move by the FO.

Who cares? Just go out there and do your job and leave it behind closed doors. Rule number 1 is to NEVER let the media know what's going on in the locker room/FO. Especially after you just won a playoff game for an organization who hadn't won one in 15 years. AAS and Robinson have 0 obligation to tell him if he's safe or not. Do your job. The rest doesn't even matter.

Just now, dtait93 said:

Who cares? Just go out there and do your job and leave it behind closed doors. Rule number 1 is to NEVER let the media know what's going on in the locker room/FO. Especially after you just won a playoff game for an organization who hadn't won one in 15 years. AAS and Robinson have 0 obligation to tell him if he's safe or not. Do your job. The rest doesn't even matter.

Seems like you're letting your dislike for Mularkey cloud your judgement here. Again, not smart to bring it up to the media, but still looks absolutely awful for ownership. The media got more information about his job status than he did.

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

Seems like you're letting your dislike for Mularkey cloud your judgement here. Again, not smart to bring it up to the media, but still looks absolutely awful for ownership. The media got more information about his job status than he did.

Before this game even started I said I lean toward us keeping him so long as we win this game and I stand by that..so my judgement isnt clouded at all. Whether the FO communicated with him or not, you don't do what he did. Period the end.

12 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Honestly feels like they should get rid of Mularkey no matter what after the season. 

If it truly is/was a "must win or your fired" situation these past two weeks then it's clear that Robinson/AAS aren't all in with Mularkey.

The longer this hangs around out there, the uglier this could potentially get.

Winning cures all..but yeah it could get ugly.

He should win in spite of them..lol Win a super bowl and stick it to them. lol

Just now, dtait93 said:

Before this game even started I said I lean toward us keeping him so long as we win this game and I stand by that..so my judgement isnt clouded at all. Whether the FO communicated with him or not, you don't do what he did. Period the end.

Which I've agreed with you on..multiple times now.

It however does not change that our FO/ownership now looks awful knowing this information.

10 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

It however does not change that our FO/ownership now looks awful knowing this information.

I still think a lot of the noise was from McDaniels' camp.  But obviously there is some truth to it. But nothing a good meeting at the end of the year can't cure.

4 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

I have seen this thread like a hundred times and I literally just now realized his name is spelled wrong in the thread title haha

HA it isn't it!  

I'm not changing it...lol  Since it's been created we haven't loss. So i'm not changing anything.

Let Murlakey live! lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

It really only looks bad if he reached out to them and they gave him a cold shoulder and ignored him. If he was waiting for them to reach out to him and they never did then I don't think it looks bad at all. They aren't obligated to tell him anything, the same way my boss isn't obligated to tell me anything either, I just have to do my job or look for a new one. Would it have been nice for them to communicate? Yeah, but it only looks awful if he reached out and they ignored him. Just my opinion, we'll see once we learn the whole story.

I agree if the rumor is true, and they were going to fire him after a playoff loss, they might as well get rid of him anyway. If they clearly dont back him that is a bad sign, granted they had good reason not to back him.

Hopefully I've been wrong all season and replacing Robiskie will fix everything. I just dont think you can fire Mularkey after this season, even if I do feel like a lot if it was getting lucky because of our division and easy schedule.