Curious Case of Mike Mularkey

KingTitan

6 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I always thought we'd fight...but tonight didn't feel like we fought. 
They didn't quit, but it didn't feel like their best game. Especially the o-line...

It felt like once the Pats offense started to roll our entire team just got shell shocked. A few questionable penalties on us, and boom before we know it the game is out of reach and we're playing like we can't wait to get back to Nashville.

Our OLine fell apart so badly tonight that I was worried that we were going to end up getting Marcus hurt to the point where he'd have to spend another offseason rehabbing. Ugly game on all fronts for us.

1 minute ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Keep Mularkey. Hire JDR and Sumlin for the coordinator spots. 

Mularkey won't hire anyone that he feels will want to to come for his job.

That was part of the reason he hired Robskie.  I remember him making a point about having guys on the team without "agendas." I think that is why he will bring in an retread type guy if he makes a change at all. 

6 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Keep Mularkey. Hire JDR and Sumlin for the coordinator spots. 

I was thinking about JDR as being a good fit for OC but then like KT says maybe hes coming for mikes job and I DONT NOT WANT jdr as our next HC... 

8 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Mularkey won't hire anyone that he feels will want to to come for his job.

That was part of the reason he hired Robskie.  I remember him making a point about having guys on the team without "agendas." I think that is why he will bring in an retread type guy if he makes a change at all. 

*if* he makes a change? i swear to god if this organization allows him to keep his job without making a change i am out on next season. that would be atrocious. and OC change is really the bare minimum.

I said I'd reserve my judgment of Mularkey until the season ended.

I don't know if it is a lack of trust in players or his system. I feel like there has been more to his previous offenses (ie Atlanta). Here it seems like he is being ultra conservative with the offensive philosophy.  

I think he earned the right to stay the coach, but I'm not really optimistic or looking forward to next year with a passionate feeling.  Unless he makes some changes to his staff or we make some killer moves in FA/Draft, I'll expect more of the same from this team. 9 or so wins and a playoff game. 

3 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

*if* he makes a change? i swear to god if this organization allows him to keep his job without making a change i am out on next season. that would be atrocious. and OC change is really the bare minimum.

Yeah, I'm not sold he will make a change. 
Maybe the team asks him to make an buttload amount of change and he just says no....giving us public relation currency. 

Or

A contract dispute and we part ways amicably? 

They can't fire him outright....

We really do have a good amount of talent on this team, so for us to not make the playoffs with the state of the AFC this year, we almost would have had to have missed it on purpose. Somehow, Mularkey still almost managed it.

I know the playoffs were a big deal, but I feel like the circumstances in which we got to the playoffs exempt it from being the sole reason we keep Mularkey.

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I said I'd reserve my judgment of Mularkey until the season ended.

I don't know if it is a lack of trust in players or his system. I feel like there has been more to his previous offenses (ie Atlanta). Here it seems like he is being ultra conservative with the offensive philosophy.  

I think he earned the right to stay the coach, but I'm not really optimistic or looking forward to next year with a passionate feeling.  Unless he makes some changes to his staff or we make some killer moves in FA/Draft, I'll expect more of the same from this team. 9 or so wins and a playoff game. 

i’m fully expecting us to miss the playoffs next year if no changes are made. watson and luck will be back, the jags will keep building, and we have a way harder schedule. 8-8 at best.

1 minute ago, TitanSS said:

We really do have a good amount of talent on this team, so for us to not make the playoffs with the state of the AFC this year, we almost would have had to have missed it on purpose. Somehow, Mularkey still almost managed it.

I know the playoffs were a big deal, but I feel like the circumstances in which we got to the playoffs exempt it from being the sole reason we keep Mularkey.

I agree

And Im starting to think maybe it would've been better for next year had we missed the playoffs but lets be real. Mike will be gone next year unless there are major changes and improvements 

And that KC game is going to be something I never forget so this season was worth it. And THE STIFF ARM LOL

8 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

State of the AFC, we are top 6 team in the AFC. Hopefully we can keep up. 

1. NE
  2. Pitt
  3. Anyone.....Chiefs, Jags, Titans, Ravens, Chargers, Bills.

2 minutes ago, VY-FTW said:

I agree

And Im starting to think maybe it would've been better for next year had we missed the playoffs but lets be real. Mike will be gone next year unless there are major changes and improvements 

And that KC game is going to be something I never forget so this season was worth it. And THE STIFF ARM LOL

The playoffs was definitely worth it.  We are a young team. We needed this....

Just now, TitanLegend said:

Awful part for me is if we fire Mularkey we likely hire McDaniels.

Going from mediocre to awful.

He's not going to have the same control he had in denver.  he was 31 and had total control there. If he's hired, it's to coach.  

Do you think he's not innovative?  Won't maximize mariota/offense?