Curious Case of Mike Mularkey

KingTitan

When you look at it. 

Honestly we have run some of those Patriots type plays. For example that White long screen. We run that but it doesn't work and most of us yell about being too cute. 

It was reverse screen. 

Do we really know what we want? Are we giving the players too much leeway? 

Just thoughts. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

When you look at it. 

Honestly we have run some of those Patriots type plays. For example that White long screen. We run that but it doesn't work and most of us yeah about being too cute. 

It was reverse screen. 

Do we really know what we want? Are we giving the players too much leeway? 

Just thoughts. 

Players consistently not executing can also be placed at the coaches. For being touted as such a disciplinary staff, there's a lot of mental hiccups and breakdowns on offense and certain places on defense.

Our offensive struggles are well documented, but we all knew Gronk and Lewis/RBs were gonna kill us cuz if our inability yo cover the middle if the field. There was nothing gone schematically to fix that and it cost us.

I think the issues are fixable... I think fresh eyes are needed to fix these issues... But I'm open to different scenarios.

I would be OK with a brand new HC and coaching staff. There's not one single coach that is a must keep for me.

But I'm also OK with keeping Mularkey with changes to the staff... Pete Carroll style! New OC is a must... Need some fresh blood at those positional spots as well. We also need to start looking for a LeBeau replacement. He did a wonderful job this year, but he's limited, and the age thing is obviously a concern.

I'm not on McDaniels nuts but I'd be OK giving him a shot... Maybe, I really dont know right now to be honest. I want a HC, Not 2 OCs. Could he help the new OC implement the offense,build and implement the scheme and playbook, help out, but ultimately give up controls? I think thats crucial for long term success. When you look at franchises with sustained success, that's what you see... Pats, Steelers, Seahawks... You see a HC that's not micromanaging the offense or defense, but a HC that is making those executive decisions and putting people in place to help him implement their philosophies. Can Mularkey do that? Can McDaniels? 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

What exactly is his track record of developing QBs? Brady, which he inherited, a good season out of Cassel and a couple of average years out of Kyle Orton?

I actually like McDaniels quite a bit and believe he could do well if trusted in the right situation, but it'd be foolish to ignore the fact that he comes with a resume that includes some question marks and red flags.

Lord ??‍♂️ Must I keep explaining yes he inherited brady, but go back & look how the patriots offense look from 01-04 wit brady. Early on the patriots where a run 1st team & brady was more of an Alex Smith game manager QB. In 2005 when McDaniels became OC the patriots offense went to a more a spread attack offense & McDaniels built an offense tailored to brady strengths. Agree or disagree McDaniels played a role in Brady’s development, how do y’all think players become great, just on their own, no players get better by being coached. Peyton Manning even said he became great because he always wanted to be coach no matter how good he was he felt he could be better & if you couldn’t coach him, he would tell you, you’re not doing your job

13 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Players consistently not executing can also be placed at the coaches. For being touted as such a disciplinary staff, there's a lot of mental hiccups and breakdowns on offense and certain places on defense.

Our offensive struggles are well documented, but we all knew Gronk and Lewis/RBs were gonna kill us cuz if our inability yo cover the middle if the field. There was nothing gone schematically to fix that and it cost us.

I think the issues are fixable... I think fresh eyes are needed to fix these issues... But I'm open to different scenarios.

I would be OK with a brand new HC and coaching staff. There's not one single coach that is a must keep for me.

But I'm also OK with keeping Mularkey with changes to the staff... Pete Carroll style! New OC is a must... Need some fresh blood at those positional spots as well. We also need to start looking for a LeBeau replacement. He did a wonderful job this year, but he's limited, and the age thing is obviously a concern.

I'm not on McDaniels nuts but I'd be OK giving him a shot... Maybe, I really dont know right now to be honest. I want a HC, Not 2 OCs. Could he help the new OC implement the offense,build and implement the scheme and playbook, help out, but ultimately give up controls? I think thats crucial for long term success. When you look at franchises with sustained success, that's what you see... Pats, Steelers, Seahawks... You see a HC that's not micromanaging the offense or defense, but a HC that is making those executive decisions and putting people in place to help him implement their philosophies. Can Mularkey do that? Can McDaniels? 

Also his track record, wit Cassel, Jackby Brisette & jimmy G. He’s the patriots QB coach & OC. You guys are judging the guy off what happened in Denver & will never admit it, but look at the facts. If it helps Robert kraft was a laughing stock when he hired Bill Belechick after his tenure with the browns 

14 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Probably not. I don't think they extend him. 
I think that could be another reason he isn't the coach.

He might say that he can't coach without that commitment. 

he won’t be able to hire new assistants without an extension. it’d be a complete waste of a year

I wanted to wait and sleep on this before I posted it.

What Mularkey has done is great and I'm thankful for that. However. I think most of us deep down know he isn't the longterm answer at coach.

So instead of waiting until the bottom falls off, I say we jump ahead cut ties. It's a tough decision and a bit of a risk, but I feel it needs to be done.

• Like 1