Curious Case of Mike Mularkey

KingTitan

6 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I don’t want to believe that this is more than just coach speak at the year end presser. But, if he’s telling the truth, I want him gone.

Yeah. I guess I can't expect him to say. Yeah we plan on firing the OC. But if he thinks we don't need changes then he cray. 

8 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Agreed. It’s like he wanted to take any of the faith anyone still had from last week and light it on fire.

It went from me saying we should probably get rid of him to me now saying we need to get rid of him.

At this point, even if he gets rid of Robiskie, how comfortable is anyone that he'd hire someone that would truly change up our offense? Today's press conference showed what my biggest fear with Mularkey has been. His stubbornness. 

I love that Mularkey said that. Should make the front offices decision to fire him a no brainer.

That actually makes me excited that he would say that. There can be no chance that anyone is actually happy with Mariota's development. 

Bye bye Mike. Sorry the FO was stupid enough to hire you in the first place. He had no business getting a third chance and it was the biggest mockery of a coaching hire in NFL history.

9 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

It went from me saying we should probably get rid of him to me now saying we need to get rid of him.

At this point, even if he gets rid of Robiskie, how comfortable is anyone that he'd hire someone that would truly change up our offense? Today's press conference showed what my biggest fear with Mularkey has been. His stubbornness. 

He’ll never bring anyone on at OC that’s a remote threat to taking his job.

McDaniels, DeFillipo, Toub, there are some candidates out there. Getting McD out from under the Colts would be especially enjoyable.

You literally cannot maximize your chances to win by playing the "shrink the field, let them know what we're doing, and dare them to stop us" thing that Mike wants to do. I love a lot of our pieces on offense, but we are not even close to being talented enough to win consistently like that anyway. It works alright against the weaker front 7's out there in the league, but it will never work in the playoffs unless we built a time machine/cloning device to go back and get Bruce Matthews to play both guard spots and center for us. Not to mention how severely that crap cripples your passing game.

We'll see what happens. I have to believe SOMETHING is going to change though, no way we go right back at it with this staff and system.