FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

25 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I agree. A QB can’t just sign right away. Cousins will want to talk to the GM, HC, OC, etc. Then gage his options. He won’t sign right away.

I have a feeling Cousins will have a contract in mind and teams will know what that number is. Then it will be a "sign players up to that number and I'll make my decision" based on the best teams. But I guess you can argue that players will be attracted to play with Cousins possibly. I'm completely perplexed on how this is going to play out.

Dez Bryant more than likely will be on the trade block. I don’t necessarily want him, but the guy has talent. He isn’t what we are really looking for in a player with some attitude issues. He also just turned 29 so he only has another few good years in him. But I do believe he will be traded this offseason since he’s stated he won’t take a pay cut and the Cowboys have to pay Lawrence. Bc of his salary he shouldn’t cost muc. Maybe a mid round pick. I easily could be talked into trading for him since we have the cap space. But highly unlikely with his age and attitude.

18 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Dez Bryant more than likely will be on the trade block. I don’t necessarily want him, but the guy has talent. He isn’t what we are really looking for in a player with some attitude issues. He also just turned 29 so he only has another few good years in him. But I do believe he will be traded this offseason since he’s stated he won’t take a pay cut and the Cowboys have to pay Lawrence. Bc of his salary he shouldn’t cost muc. Maybe a mid round pick. I easily could be talked into trading for him since we have the cap space. But highly unlikely with his age and attitude.

I think it depends on what our plan at QB is.  If we have a vet, absolutely.  If we have a rookie QB, prob not.

I get nervous when a player goes at coaches multiple times. LOVED Bryant coming out of college, but I'm not sure if we're in the right position to pick him up while we're improving the team culture. 

But I was wondering, do you think a healthy Enunwa, Anderson, and Kearse is good enough? They aren't bad at all. 

11 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I get nervous when a player goes at coaches multiple times. LOVED Bryant coming out of college, but I'm not sure if we're in the right position to pick him up while we're improving the team culture. 

But I was wondering, do you think a healthy Enunwa, Anderson, and Kearse is good enough? They aren't bad at all. 

I think adding a wr is a luxury not a need. We have cap room, so why not try and upgrade if we can. Also something to think about is that Cousins might say he wants “X” player at WR that’s a FA targeted if he’s brought in. I want AR15. Has #1 WR potential and won’t cost a ton coming off injury. A guy like Dez is immediately a #1 WR for us, but I don’t think he’s the attitude this franchise is going toward. But he would be a good vet presence for young WRs. He plays with passion, that’s for sure. We’d have no problem taking in his contract for say a 4th Rounder or something.

Edited by Bobby816

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I think adding a war is a luxury not a need. We have cap room, so why not try and upgrade if we can. Also something to think about is that Cousins might say he wants “X” player tab WR that’s a FA targeted if he’s brought in. I want AR15. Has #1 WR potential and won’t cost a ton coming off injury. A guy like Dez is immediately a #1 WR for us, but I don’t think he’s the attitude this franchise is going toward. But he would be a good vet presence for young WRs. He plays with passion, that’s for sure. We’d have no problem taking in his contract for say a 4th Rounder or something.

That's true. I love the idea of adding AR15 . Not only is he target defenses have to plan for, but would make the job QB job more appealing. I do love passionate players, but Dez seems to be more of a problem on the field than he is helping. The game they needed to stay in the hunt, he was dropping passes and still showing attitude towards the coaches. I LOVED him coming out of college and I love his passion at times, but I'm having a hard time seeing him as a good fit. Especially if we end up with a rookie QB. If we did trade a mid-round for him, I wouldn't hate it but I would be really worried. 

AR15 and Jensen are my top 2 targets right now. Still haven't fully decided if I want Cousins or Rosen/Darnold. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I know everyone on here want all of our players to be 19 years old, but am I the only one interested in Jimmy Graham if Morton returns? I doubt they let him go, but if they do, I would be up for him. 

I wouldn’t be opposed to it I just think we have other needs. Resigning ASJ will be part of taking care of our own and Leggett will be healthy next season. TE won’t be a huge need. He’d be a luxury signing. But signing guys like him, WR, RB should become priorities if we can’t lsnd Cousins. Give a new qb as many weapons as possible.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I wouldn’t be opposed to it I just think we have other needs. Resigning ASJ will be part of taking care of our own and Leggett will be healthy next season. TE won’t be a huge need. He’d be a luxury signing. But signing guys like him, WR, RB should become priorities if we can’t lsnd Cousins. Give a new qb as many weapons as possible.

That's what I'm thinking. Imagine landing Rosen or Darnold, then signing Graham, Jensen, and Ansah. The teams like the Colts and 49ers are the teams to look out for when it comes to targets. They already have the QBs and crazy cap room. AR15, Graham, and others could be gone anyway. 

13 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Just read that Davis was our leading sack guy with 5 sacks. That’s embrassing. Leo not having a good year shouldn’t go unnoticed. 

Leo actually had a very solid year.  Have to look beyond the stats.  The guy was a force and had a ton of QB hits. 

30 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

ehh, he was far from a force. nobody on that d line was a force.

I agree with this. Sacks and TFL aren’t exactly what we have to look for, but the fact is that’s what we need. We weren’t exactly stout against the run like normal either. We were the 9th worst in the NFL in rush yards against per game. And 12th worst in passing yards per game. Defense was far from stout. But there’s talent there. We need an edge presence for sure.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I agree with this. Sacks and TFL aren’t exactly what we have to look for, but the fact is that’s what we need. We weren’t exactly stout against the run like normal either. We were the 9th worst in the NFL in rush yards against per game. And 12th worst in passing yards per game. Defense was far from stout. But there’s talent there. We need an edge presence for sure.

It's hard to stand out on a crappy D, but again, very good PFF grades, very good at getting pressure on the QB as well.  I'm not saying he was as good as last year, but he was still very solid.