FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

3 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

It's hard to stand out on a crappy D, but again, very good PFF grades, very good at getting pressure on the QB as well.  I'm not saying he was as good as last year, but he was still very solid.

I guess my point is. He didn’t play 6th pick in the draft 3rd year in the league worthy.

So I was looking at potential replacements for Carpenter if we don't sign a center and Andrew Norwell on Carolina, who i've never even heard of, graded out as the 3rd best guard in the league this year.  Given Trai Turner signed an extension, I doubt they'll also re-sign Norwell.

24 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

So I was looking at potential replacements for Carpenter if we don't sign a center and Andrew Norwell on Carolina, who i've never even heard of, graded out as the 3rd best guard in the league this year.  Given Trai Turner signed an extension, I doubt they'll also re-sign Norwell.

I'd take Norwell in a heartbeat.

Crazy thing about all this is that Macc's 1st season as our GM his big moves were trading for Fitz and Marshall, signing Revis, Cro, Skrine, Gilchrist and Carpenter. If we move on from Skrine and Carpenter that makes of the 7 big moves he made just 3 years ago... not a single one of the roster. We can talk about that draft too... Smith, Lozo, Petty and Harrison all probably wont be with the team or already arent with the team after this season or really wont play at all. Meaning in that initial year with all that cap room and several good picks... all we came out of with it as a franchise is Leo and Deion Simon. Macc needs to go if he doesn't get an A+ on this offseason. An A wont even satisfy me. In fact if he blows FA I'd fire him before the draft. I know it's unlikely, but I'd still be calling for it.

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I'd take Norwell in a heartbeat.

Crazy thing about all this is that Macc's 1st season as our GM his big moves were trading for Fitz and Marshall, signing Revis, Cro, Skrine, Gilchrist and Carpenter. If we move on from Skrine and Carpenter that makes of the 7 big moves he made just 3 years ago... not a single one of the roster. We can talk about that draft too... Smith, Lozo, Petty and Harrison all probably wont be with the team or already arent with the team after this season or really wont play at all. Meaning in that initial year with all that cap room and several good picks... all we came out of with it as a franchise is Leo and Deion Simon. Macc needs to go if he doesn't get an A+ on this offseason. An A wont even satisfy me. In fact if he blows FA I'd fire him before the draft. I know it's unlikely, but I'd still be calling for it.

Go back three years for most if not all teams and very few players will be left on the roster from that draft.  Ex: KC has three left on their roster from the 15 draft with one a third stringer and really only Peters to hang their hat on.

The other moves he made were quick fix, catch lightening in bottle and to counter act the do nothing Idzik regime.  Fitz became the big move but he was brought in to compete with Geno - we all know that competition never happened because of the broken jaw. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

Wesley Johnson finished as the worst C in the NFL per Pro Football Focus

Darron Lee finished as the worst LB

Brian Winters finished as the 5th worst offensive guard

Justin Burris finished as the 4th worst CB

(Just saying)

We also traded a 5th for the 11th worst CB in the league

1 hour ago, Bianconero said:

(Just saying)

Burris is soooooo bad. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure how accurate it is, but I just made some roster cuts on Spotrac. I cut Forte, Skrine, Wilkerson, ijalana, and Mclendon and reached $111m in cap space. If it's true we can get that by those cuts alone, this is going to be a sexy offseason.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bianconero said:

(Just saying)

I hated that winters signing immediately it was awful. Guy is trash. Johnson is worse. If either are starting next year expect an underwelming offense as usual.

Lee just isnt a starting caliber LB. Hes not made to play ILb he has zero instincts. conver to 4-3 put him at WILL and let him blitz more and he'll be more productive, but Bowles is retarded so that wont happen. 

Burris shouldnt be playing corner. Mangini would have already made him a decent safety.

Jets have progressively gotten worse and its just sad. Mac has to hit HRs this offseason or were looking at a whole new regime. 

• Like 1

Just now, barnaby8787 said:

So apparently the Honey Badger might be cut if he doesn't agree to restructure his deal.  Although we have Adams and Maye, I wouldn't be shocked if we added him if he is cut and figure out a way to run three safety sets by putting him in the slot, etc.

He'd honestly be our best CB. Maybe just let Adams Roam as a S/LB, Mathieu as a S/CB, and Maye as just the single high S.

• Like 1