FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

Personal feelings on our CB's. Don't spend 15 mill or so on trumaine. Spend 10 on a guy like breeland and go after a lower tier guy who is still better than the garbage on this roster for a combined 15 mil. 

Only players I really want to pay out big to make sure we get are Cousins and Jensen. I'd be more than happy with a bunch of guys looking to prove something that make a lot less.

18 hours ago, rdelaney89 said:

I think it was only within that trade, I doubt we give up anything for a $13M injured CB who can only play one side of the field.

19 hours ago, Dr.O said:

link?

Obviously if it was on NFL Network television, I don't have a link. Fortunately, I do have a good memory and kept that nugget of information in my cranium. It was during an episode of Good Morning Football. 

Anyway, maybe Seattle would do something centered around Wilkerson and Sherman?

I do remember the report of Sherman being on the block. I never remember him being linked to us though. Sherman is 29 so he’s a tad too old for me to want us to think he’s an answer for us at CB1. He also is in the final year of his deal. He actually might just get cut bc I think only 3mill is guanarteed to him. CB s generally decline pretty bad (Revis in there young 30s). I’d rather see us go after younger options.

I can be hard on Macc at times what I have always given him credit for since the day he arrived was his trading. I think everybtrade we’ve made we got the better end of it. I expect atleast 1 or 2 pretty good trades out of him this offseason. I can see him looking to upgrade CB this way and possibly even WR. Something to keep a look out on. 

52 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Can’t imagine he hits FA. Surely the Chiefs would keep him there with Hali getting up there in age? 

Absolutely they might keep him. But he’s a name we should be looking at just like Ansah and Lawerence as well. Hopefully 1 slips through the cracks and doesn’t resign or get tagged.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Absolutely they might keep him. But he’s a name we should be looking at just like Ansah and Lawerence as well. Hopefully 1 slips through the cracks and doesn’t resign or get tagged.

Yeah man without a doubt. If anything Dee would be the best one for us and our system as he’s a proper 3-4 OLB with speed whereas Ansah and Lawerence are both better in a 4-3.

Whats the Chiefs cap space going to look like? Wonder if they will trade Alex Smith and gain cap that way and roll with Pat Mahomes?

Edited by xenajets

10 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Yeah man without a doubt. If anything Dee would be the best one for us and our system as he’s a proper 3-4 OLB with speed whereas Ansah and Lawerence are both better in a 4-3.

Whats the Chiefs cap space going to look like? Wonder if they will trade Alex Smith and gain cap that way and roll with Pat Mahomes?

They’re not in the best cap situation but they have several players they can cut to create space. But my thinking is that they might not want to invest so much money into 1 position (already paying Houston a ton of money). I think Ford will be a Chief, but he’s a name we need to keep an eye on.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I wanted him real bad in the draft. Can’t really see Jacksonville letting him go though. I’m sure they want to keep Ramsey, Colvin and Bouye together.

I'm sure they do, but we'll see how things play out. He might look for a bigger payout than Jax is looking to pay. 

I'm looking at Sam Bradford more and more now.