FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

3 minutes ago, jetfan8178 said:

ASJ takes less money to go play with Bortles and the Jags based off of what? Last season?

Guess he gon learn...

Where'd you see we offered more?

Edited by Dr.O

So Long is for sure the starting center I guess. It means we can focus on other positions with the first three picks in the draft. Right now, we don't have a replacement for Seferian-Jenkins, Claiborne or Wilkerson. It would be nice to take care of two of these three in FA, if possible.

7 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Where'd you see we offered more?

We offered 2yr 8mill plus incentives (no link cause I saw it over a month ago)

He declined and signed for 2yr 10mill plus incentives, Hopefully the numbers come out but as I understood he could have made close to 12mill if he hit his numbers, obviously he didnt have faith in himself

Just now, Jag68Sid87 said:

So Long is for sure the starting center I guess. It means we can focus on other positions with the first three picks in the draft. Right now, we don't have a replacement for Seferian-Jenkins, Claiborne or Wilkerson. It would be nice to take care of two of these three in FA, if possible.

Well, hopefully we get Ebron, resign Claiborne, add honey badger and maybe get Sheldon back. Then we can draft a TE in the second to compete

• Like 1

Is Leggett the type of TE who can develop into a starter? Because if yes then maybe we are only going to sign a veteran stopgap a la Brent Celek or Luke Willson.

I wonder if we are going to de-emphasize the tight end position once again, because it seemed as though Morton placed some importance to the position last year.

1 minute ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Is Leggett the type of TE who can develop into a starter? Because if yes then maybe we are only going to sign a veteran stopgap a la Brent Celek or Luke Willson.

I wonder if we are going to de-emphasize the tight end position once again, because it seemed as though Morton placed some importance to the position last year.

I kind of liked him coming out.  As i was watching Watson tape he just kept making plays.  Had a knock on him for being lazy in his first few years in Clemson but was apparently better over time.  Hopefully he is healthy and can contribute.