FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

7 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

...and then there were two.

7 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

...and then there were two.

Good I think we dodged a bullet there, the guy just can't stay off the trainers table.  Plus even his best year he only had 600 yards receiving.  I know he is a red zone threat but TD's are kind of hard to predict.

I think Ebron is our best bet, and adds the most pop to our offense out of the guys left.  If we miss out on them then we pretty much have to take one in the draft.

1 hour ago, rdelaney89 said:

I'll go on record and say I don't want Ebron or Eifert. I'd be okay with either I guess but I'd prefer to have ASJ back. Ebron is basically ASJ, under performing former 1st round pick and Eifert can't stay on the field. Looking at it that way if the money is the same across all 3 then I'll take the healthy guy who openly wants to be here and at the very least is familiar with our team.

I think the only reason people are down on Ebron is because he didn't live up to a top 10 pick.  How many TE's would have?  Gronk.... Graham before he got hurt... and that in about it.  He has a 700+ yard season and the only non 500+ yard season was his rookie year.  Saying ASJ is on his level is just not true.  He also averages around 11 yards per catch which is not bad for a TE, especially when you consider ASJ averaged 7.1 yards per last year.... that is awful.

Edited by rampantjet

16 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

I wanted Ebron bad in that draft but he went too high out of nowhere

Like @jetskid007 as said before, TEs might take the longest to develop 

Let's sign him

I’d take a flier on him for sure. Just want the Honey badger in ASAP and another offensive lineman. 

Makes me wonder if we are really going to go all in on the two rookie receivers from last year and give them the time to develop within the offense. Would of loved a Robinson/Watkins but maybe let’s see what we have already in the building. 

Just now, xenajets said:

I’d take a flier on him for sure. Just want the Honey badger in ASAP and another offensive lineman. 

Makes me wonder if we are really going to go all in on the two rookie receivers from last year and give them the time to develop within the offense. Would of loved a Robinson/Watkins but maybe let’s see what we have already in the building. 

ASJ left Seattle without a contract though and the Jags just signed Niles Paul

I can see ASJ coming back here now but I think I want Ebron more

And yeah, I'm dying for Honey Badger (good) news

7 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

ASJ left Seattle without a contract though and the Jags just signed Niles Paul

I can see ASJ coming back here now but I think I want Ebron more

And yeah, I'm dying for Honey Badger (good) news

Niles Paul doesn't seem like a guy that would stop the Jags from signing another TE.  Maybe but he is just so so.  

I am really starting to doubt the fit of Honeybadger especially since we have Adams and Mayes already.  Playing him as a pure Slot CB doesn't really play to his strengths, i just don't get it.

I have a feeling ASJ is not getting what he thought he would on the open market. Hopefully that means he comes home. 

I do agree however that I would like Ebron as well. Both would be alot better as QB support.

Not that they are on the same level (yet) but I look at it like Aaron Hernandez/Gronk combo

56 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

I think the only reason people are down on Ebron is because he didn't live up to a top 10 pick.  How many TE's would have?  Gronk.... Graham before he got hurt... and that in about it.  He has a 700+ yard season and the only non 500+ yard season was his rookie year.  Saying ASJ is on his level is just not true.  He also averages around 11 yards per catch which is not bad for a TE, especially when you consider ASJ averaged 7.1 yards per last year.... that is awful.

He was in one of the most prolific passing offenses in the NFL. I really think ASJ's stats do not reflect his value to this team. If we sign Ebron then great but I think there is something to resigning your own players. It looks good to the players that are coming up for new deals.

2 hours ago, rampantjet said:

OMG this would be a terrible move.  Dez is done.  This is what happens when you build a career on just winning physical match ups and never learn to run a route.  His many injuries have slowed him enough that he is no longer worth the headache that he is.  Guy hasn't broken 100 yards since 2014... crap he hasn't broke 850 yards since then.  For a guy who is thought of as a superstar he only has 3 1000 yard seasons.  HARD PASS.

Slow down, I was the type of contract that was mentioned was a Dez type of contract. When Dez resigned after his rookie deal, they put in his contract that he couldn't go to clubs past a certain time and a few other things. I do not want Dez.