FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

17 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

Minkah isn't that good

I can see him going in the teens

17 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

We're going QB round 1.

That all we need is another Alabama CB, didn't we learn a lesson with Dee Miilliner, some of these players are a product of the Alabama system. No way even Mac will waste our 6 pick on another DB. We need offense help in a big way. As things stand we have not one pass rusher on the entire roster.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

That all we need is another Alabama CB, didn't we learn a lesson with Dee Miilliner, some of these players are a product of the Alabama system. No way even Mac will waste our 6 pick on another DB. We need offense help in a big way. As things stand we have not one pass rusher on the entire roster.

Wasnt Landon Collins a safety from Bama as was Ha-Ha Clinton dix? I think Milliner was the last Alabama bust for the secondary actually. The last 3 drafted early have all been productive (Humphrey had two INTs as a rookoe, Collins is a top safety, and Clinton Dix is servicable and way better than calvin pryor lol).

1 minute ago, KodiakThunder said:

Wasnt Landon Collins a safety from Bama as was Ha-Ha Clinton dix? I think Milliner was the last Alabama bust for the secondary actually. The last 3 drafted early have all been productive (Humphrey had two INTs as a rookoe, Collins is a top safety, and Clinton Dix is servicable and way better than calvin pryor lol).

Why would want to take him over a QB at 6.

1 minute ago, doumeyer said:

Another piece to add to a already powerful front seven. Sure looks like the Viking are going to be a team to be reckoned with this year.

Prediction. ..Theyll be a 1 or 2 seed and lose their 1st playoff game and the "big game" moniker following cousins will be inked in pen rather than scribbled in pencil lol.

1 hour ago, rampantjet said:

Hey I said I would still be pumped about it, but people are going nuts about him as if he is a guy that you give a blank check to and then watch him create 10 turnovers every year.  I'm not sure what AB has to do with anything here, he is the best WR in then league bar none, HB is a really good player but he is nowhere near that elite level so it is an odd random addition to the conversation.  I also expect Claiborne to be better at #2 which is where he should have been all along.  Are injuries an intangible?  And does factoring them in work in his favor?  I think they work against him.  He is constantly bang up because when he is at his best he is playing like Bob Sanders who fell apart really fast, due to size and play style.

When playing under Bowles and used correctly he was arguably the best defensive player those years. It’s not like he’s 30 and we are talking 5 years ago. We are talking about a 25yr old guy here. I by all means am not saying give him a blank check. But certainly money shouldn’t be the issue here. 1. We have money 2. Skrine would get cut, creating 6mill in cap. So say he wants 10mill, he’s really only costing us 4mill. And the oppurtunity to sign a 25yr old multi all pro doesn’t happen often. We should be all over this. That being said. I doubt we sign him. I feel we would have already.  

1 hour ago, KodiakThunder said:

Prediction. ..Theyll be a 1 or 2 seed and lose their 1st playoff game and the "big game" moniker following cousins will be inked in pen rather than scribbled in pencil lol.

Look at all the times they lost in the SB when they one of the great all time defensives, with guys like Marshall. Carl Eller, and Alan Page. They had everything but a top QB.

Why are the Jets afraid of adding a edge rusher>?  I didn't even realize that the Dolphins had traded for Robert Quinn, dang that was something we could have done. This defense will never be great without a guy who can consistently get to the QB. even Trent Murphy would have been a good signing.

Right now we have a huge hole at OLB. Jordan Jenkins will never be a guy who can get sacks. And we have no one opposite of him. Also we don't have a full starting DL yet. Its nice that we are improving the secondary, which will help but we need that edge rusher. 

Hopefully we can find that guy in the draft, but I have little faith considering this has been a decade problem that we haven't solved since Abraham.