FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

9 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Interesting that a lot of the beat reporters are echoing sentiments that the Jets believe they have a better ASJ replacement already on the roster in Jordan Leggett.

Apperently our coaching staff is incredibly high on him. 

And i found it interesting that we didnt even offer a contact to Demario Davis. 

2 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

Apperently our coaching staff is incredibly high on him. 

And i found it interesting that we didnt even offer a contact to Demario Davis. 

I'm sure they had discussions with his agent regarding his price and realized they could get a younger option with more upside in Avery Williamson

Reports were the Jets had talked with Demario but they were too far apart that a official offer never came. The Jets wanted to go younger, most of the guys they are bringing in are 28 or younger. They don't want guys in their 30s, besides McCown who was brought back cause he had such a positive impact in the locker room. I think they also view McCown as a guy who would be a great mentor to a QB they draft if they draft one. Teddy Bridgewater is just signed for potential of striking gold and depth I think, that is why he has so many incentives. 

To me I am glad they signed both, rather than one. Release Hackenberg and draft a QB, Hackenberg is trash and will never be good. He was garbage in college and will never be good in the NFL, waste of a roster spot and time. I'd love it if we could get Josh Rosen, some things scare me about him but man he can throw a football and has really nice mechanics. Him seeming soft and hearing how he is hard to coach would throw red flags though.  I also like that Rosen is 6'4, I like taller QBs. 

7 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Reports were the Jets had talked with Demario but they were too far apart that a official offer never came. The Jets wanted to go younger, most of the guys they are bringing in are 28 or younger. They don't want guys in their 30s, besides McCown who was brought back cause he had such a positive impact in the locker room. I think they also view McCown as a guy who would be a great mentor to a QB they draft if they draft one. Teddy Bridgewater is just signed for potential of striking gold and depth I think, that is why he has so many incentives. 

To me I am glad they signed both, rather than one. Release Hackenberg and draft a QB, Hackenberg is trash and will never be good. He was garbage in college and will never be good in the NFL, waste of a roster spot and time. I'd love it if we could get Josh Rosen, some things scare me about him but man he can throw a football and has really nice mechanics. Him seeming soft and hearing how he is hard to coach would throw red flags though.  I also like that Rosen is 6'4, I like taller QBs. 

I think they'll trade Hack.  Someone will give up a late round pick for him.  Maybe Bill O'Brien will take him on as a backup to Deshaun.

59 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I think they'll trade Hack.  Someone will give up a late round pick for him.  Maybe Bill O'Brien will take him on as a backup to Deshaun.

Jets would be lucky if they found a partner for Hackenberg.   Mark Sanchez Trade II would be fantastic.