FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

This LB group is going to be interesting. Wondering how Lee fits into all this. His best trait is as a blitzer. If only he were heavier, we could put him at olb. His best position would be how the Falcons use Vic Beasley. OLB in a 4-3 but he gets sent most of the time. Well more like Beasley's role back in 2016.

Lee has 2 or 3 controllable years left on contract so I don't think Jets will settle a single mid round pick for him.   I have eyed on Panthers.  Panthers are a little bid lighter on LB corp as Thomas Davis will serve a 4 game suspension and could retire after this season. Lee splitting and then replacing Davis at WLB would be a smart move for Panthers. A couple 3rds or 2nd and 3rd for him would be swell.

If no team will take Lee then I am fine with Lee being in sub package if that is what everything ends up like that.

7 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

100%.  I'm hoping they try and convert him into an edge.  

Odds are stacked against him. Freeney might be the only edge rusher ever to have a good amount of success being shorter. He'd have to add about 25lbs as well.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Odds are stacked against him. Freeney might be the only edge rusher ever to have a good amount of success being shorter. He'd have to add about 25lbs as well.

I'd think maybe 10 pounds personally.  I don't think height is a big issue because he has ridiculously long arms (longer than guy's like Vic Beasley).  

1 minute ago, barnaby8787 said:

I'd think maybe 10 pounds personally.  I don't think height is a big issue because he has ridiculously long arms (longer than guy's like Vic Beasley).  

I like his speed off the edge for sure. Bc that's what we need... is speed. But I just think the odds are big time stacked against him to succeed as an edge rusher. He hasn't shown to be anywhere near worthy of the pick he was taken and I think at edge his value would be even less.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I like his speed off the edge for sure. Bc that's what we need... is speed. But I just think the odds are big time stacked against him to succeed as an edge rusher. He hasn't shown to be anywhere near worthy of the pick he was taken and I think at edge his value would be even less.

I agree with that

3 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

Definitely think you guys are overreacting. Minter is a thumper only, and KPL is strictly a nickel backer. They are role players and backups to Lee and Williamson.

We invested a 1st Rounder in Lee so we by all means want him to win the job and have a big role for him. But a guy like Minter will push him and not make it where if he doesn't perform he's just a weakness of the defense. He will get benched and Minter will start if he plays like he's played for us. I think we are all cheering that it clicks for Lee this year, but this is an insurance policy really. Minter is still only 27 as well. It's not like he's this old vet coming in. Its a guy in his prime who is familiar with Bowles.