FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

DT Johnathan Hankins is visiting the New York Jets today. Former Giants second-rounder was cut by the Colts last month after one year. Hankins also has visited Washington. He just turned 26 on Sunday, and Pro Football Focus had him as the third-best run-stopping DT in the league last year, behind Damon Harrison and Ndamukong Suh.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, barnaby8787 said:

Kind of surprised Mac hasn't brought in Gallette for a visit.  Not sure what he has left in the tank, but we need all the help we can get at edge.

Not sure we would touch a player that was connected to Domestic Violence, whether he committed it or not.

5 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Kind of surprised Mac hasn't brought in Gallette for a visit.  Not sure what he has left in the tank, but we need all the help we can get at edge.

Pass, that dude is toxic.  Hankins would be a nice get though.

2 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

What took us so long to set this visit up?  This was one of the last big time names left on the market, and I think he really fits what we want.  I think he can do a lot of different things.  He is fantastic against the run, and he can also add to the pass rush if asked to do that.  He even had a 7 sack year a few years back.

14 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

What took us so long to set this visit up?  This was one of the last big time names left on the market, and I think he really fits what we want.  I think he can do a lot of different things.  He is fantastic against the run, and he can also add to the pass rush if asked to do that.  He even had a 7 sack year a few years back.

Can make us forget about being idiots and letting Snacks walk.

53 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Can make us forget about being idiots and letting Snacks walk.

Yup, he might be slightly less than snacks when it comes to playing the run but better as a rusher.  I think signing Hankins makes our line much more effective.  It also might make our LBers more effective as they will be better at eating up blockers.  

On rushing downs we could have Leo, Hankins, and big Pennell out there.  On passing downs we could have those 2 and rotate in McClendon, or Cooper.