FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

15 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Signing Rawls will not show Powell to the door.  It may prevent Jets from drafting a RB. Good or Bad? Your call.

Rawls will have to prove he belongs to NFL roster.

I’m sure his deal is very minimal guaranteed if really any at all. But your right in the regard that I don’t like this move bc I think it might prevent us from drafting a RB. And quite honestly we should be for during drafting one between the 3rd-5th. So I’m not a fan of this move as of now. 

I think they have Rawls in to compete with the other guys. If he can get back to his old days back in 2016 then it will be a great signing. I think Powell is already out the door with Crowell in the house. You guys are really going to like him. If he is behind an average line he will be a beast. The problem is that the Browns line has been trash for years. I have never really been a Powell fan because he could never be a 3 down back and his running style was trash. He has good hands out of the back field and that is it. We can find guys like that all over the place. 

31 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think they have Rawls in to compete with the other guys. If he can get back to his old days back in 2016 then it will be a great signing. I think Powell is already out the door with Crowell in the house. You guys are really going to like him. If he is behind an average line he will be a beast. The problem is that the Browns line has been trash for years. I have never really been a Powell fan because he could never be a 3 down back and his running style was trash. He has good hands out of the back field and that is it. We can find guys like that all over the place. 

Rawls had a good rookie season in 2015  ran for 850 yards for 5.6 YPC which is outstanding, however 2016 &2017 he was terrible 2.7 YPC & 3.2 YPC. The last two seasons, his problem could be the lousy O line the Seahawks had. He is worth a look. He is only 25 years old.

Edited by doumeyer

9 minutes ago, NYJETS52 said:

Marquette King was just released by the raiders.  I usually don't say go sign a guy but while I like Edwards I want this guy.  You have to win in all 3 phases of football and I feel like he could help flip field position regularly 

He is gonna be real overpriced for a punter.  Edwards was fine, and he is still young enough to get better.  I'd rather stick with him on a rookie contract than pay a boatload for a punter.

39 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

He is gonna be real overpriced for a punter.  Edwards was fine, and he is still young enough to get better.  I'd rather stick with him on a rookie contract than pay a boatload for a punter.

I can see your point though I can still see us going after him.  TBH if we actually had legit gunners I could see Edwards stats improving