FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

41 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

How do you figure? Raiders only cut him because they have 5 TE's on the roster.  He's still an elite athlete.

Dunno.  Cook is 30 years old and would help Raiders trim down on team salary for 5m if released.  He is stronger in blocking but offers adequate offensive yards for QB. He is not exactly someone we can't live without.

Since Lee Smith has yet to re-sign with Raiders as a primary TE Derek Carrier should step in that spot as well as Walford in for Cook. Walford lacks blocking skill but is supposed to have potential to be a vertical TE that could produce at least 800 receiving yards annually. He is 4 years old younger.

Maybe I forget who Jon Gruden was.  Old school offense that relies heavily in blocking?  Whatever, if he thinks Walford's talent boxes will never be checked in no time then there is a concern.   I still can't believe he couldn't beat out Jared Cook last year. Derek Carr has arm for a vertical game.

1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

How do you figure? Raiders only cut him because they have 5 TE's on the roster.  He's still an elite athlete.

I wouldn’t see elite. But he is a good athlete. The thing is he needs to go to the right system. And quite frankly we aren’t that for him. Put him in NO, NE, LAR he’d improve. And he really is very similar to that if Leggett. I’d be all for adding him being we need weapons. But he’s be far from a big upgrade to our TE corps.

2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Dunno.  Cook is 30 years old and would help Raiders trim down on team salary for 5m if released.  He is stronger in blocking but offers adequate offensive yards for QB. He is not exactly someone we can't live without.

Since Lee Smith has yet to re-sign with Raiders as a primary TE Derek Carrier should step in that spot as well as Walford in for Cook. Walford lacks blocking skill but is supposed to have potential to be a vertical TE that could produce at least 800 receiving yards annually. He is 4 years old younger.

Maybe I forget who Jon Gruden was.  Old school offense that relies heavily in blocking?  Whatever, if he thinks Walford's talent boxes will never be checked in no time then there is a concern.   I still can't believe he couldn't beat out Jared Cook last year. Derek Carr has arm for a vertical game.

He’s coming off of injury as wel my man. The fact is, he’d be a cheap flier. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I wouldn’t see elite. But he is a good athlete. The thing is he needs to go to the right system. And quite frankly we aren’t that for him. Put him in NO, NE, LAR he’d improve. And he really is very similar to that if Leggett. I’d be all for adding him being we need weapons. But he’s be far from a big upgrade to our TE corps.

I’m not saying he’s an upgrade, im saying he’s a guy to take a flier on to see if he could be an upgrade. 

yea not sure about Rawls. I guess he is younger. But the guy can't stay healthy. I don't get the desire to get rid of Powell. Maybe the Jets FO doesn't think he is worth the $4.8M he'll get this year. 

Edited by SDotNova