FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

3 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

It was an interesting turn of events with the Suh situation, but I'm not mad that CJ stepped in on this one. Sure, I would've liked Suh, but it felt like Macc was just trying to throw Bowles a bone. The Jets have been talking about using this year to rebuild - to get younger, to shift their culture, and to find a future QB - since the summer. Making a 31 year old Suh the Jets new highest paid player on the Jets after getting rid of Wilkerson seemed kind of odd. As a fan I would've loved it, but vetoing such a move made a lot more sense over the long haul. 

FWIW, Woody would've let that one go through. I like Chris Johnson's measured, disciplined approach. As we focus on developing our future QB, we will need that kind of stability top down.  

Completely agree. I just feel like more youth should have been added this offseason in FA. If my numbers are tight we should have 30mill in cap space still after Pryor. Trading away our 2nd Rounders makes the draft a tad cheaper for us. So we have 25mill or so still sitting there.

Typically I don't like it when owners get involved in player decisions. Not sure how I feel about this though. It does sound like Johnson met with Macc before making the decision which is good.

But Suh would have been a good addition. While he is not young, he would have had a positive impact on the field for players like Leo and Lee. Also, he would have made our D that much better which will be helpful for our QB (D can cover for rookie QB mistakes). I'm not buying the bad locker room stuff. He was voted a captain in Miami. Seems more like a Revis guy. Basically someone that wants to get paid what he is worth but will be play hard. Revis was also known to lead film study for the DB's. Both are me players, but I'll take them both.

The only reason why I would say this may be a good decision is if they felt strongly Suh was just using them for leverage. Then I can sort of understand it. Supposedly the management team was not happy that Cousins didn't pay them a visit. That likely played a role here and not wanting to repeat history.

Edited by SDotNova

After Cousins not taking a visit and using us at a way to get money I don’t blame this move at all. We shouldn’t be looked as a platform team just to drive FA prices up. I’m all for doing that inside the division... but not outside the division.

5 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

I wonder where Odell is going to get traded to

Could see the Browns, gives Darnold a crazy WR core, Josh Gordon free agent after this year and has the off field concerns, and Corey Coleman hasn't been able to live up to the hype/injuries

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Report is the Giants want a 1st Rounder. If I were the Jets I’d consider giving up 2019s 1st. Giants will probably think it will be a top 10 pick. I’d have to imagine if they’re asking for a 1st it needs to be a top 10 1st.

disgusted-gif-tumblr-6.gif

Jets won't give him a big contract without a proven qb being in place.