FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

1 minute ago, Akomplice said:

I personally have no problem if Suh chooses us just because we have offer the most money, he's that good. If he could replicated what Snacks brought for us, I'd be happy. Still can't believe we lost Snacks...

I kind of wonder what his market is sitting at at this point in his career.  Like.... 12 mill?

8 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

I kind of wonder what his market is sitting at at this point in his career.  Like.... 12 mill?

Like any other deal, it'd probably be a two year deal with most of it guaranteed. A two year deal, 24 million deal with probably 18 guaranteed.

Even though he doesn't fit the youth movement, I think this would be a good pickup for something like 2 years $24 mil. He will help the development of Leo who will see less double teams. also it's not like he will be taking away playing time from a player  with upside. And I can't see us going Interior Lineman in the draft. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

I have no problem with Suh. It is a position of need for us. Then once again we'd be a edge rusher away from having a stud defense. 

Good point. I agree, if we get Suh we would have one of the best defensives in the NFL on paper. And I am sure it would carry over to the field. It sure would give Brady something to think about.

On 3/24/2018 at 6:12 AM, doumeyer said:

Good point. I agree, if we get Suh we would have one of the best defensives in the NFL on paper. And I am sure it would carry over to the field. It sure would give Brady something to think about.

Inside pass rush is great. But we are still woefully lacking on the edge. If we still had those two 2nd rounders id agree with that statement (assuming we went for a OLB in the 2nd) but even if we grab one in the 3rd, im not sure thats enough.

Id say this team needs to add at least 10 more sacks to the defense for the defense to be great.

2 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

Inside pass rush is great. But we are still woefully lacking on the edge. If we still had those two 2nd rounders id agree with that statement (assuming we went for a OLB in the 2nd) but even if we grab one in the 3rd, im not sure thats enough.

Id say this team needs to add at least 10 more sacks to the defense for the defense to be great.

Well we shouldn’t not make our team better just bc we don’t have an edge. And we certainly still can find a decent edge guy in Round 3 or 4. While the expectations will be down... it certainly can be done.  

52 minutes ago, KBS756 said:

Brady Struggles far more from inside pressure than edge pressure so if Leonard Williams and Suh can disrupt inside and make brady move should give us a shot against them

1000% true. Still will make it easier for the edge setters to have some free shots too. Mauldin will still take the wrong route so hopefully its not him.