FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

EJ Gaines would be a better upgrade to Buster Skrine than Ross Cockrell.  Now, he is about to be with Browns so Jets' options go down to a situation where Jets will ask Skrine to take pay cut.  That is how it has progressed. 

Edited by JetsandI

3 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

EJ Gaines would be a better upgrade to Buster Skrine than Ross Cockrell.  Now, he is about to be with Browns so Jets' options go down to a situation where Jets will ask Skrine to take pay cut.  That is how it has progressed. 

Cockrell graded out as a top 10 slot in the league last year.  Stop selling him short.

1 minute ago, barnaby8787 said:

Cockrell graded out as a top 10 slot in the league last year.  Stop selling him short.

Sure.... Jets will have to cut and sign new players annually basing on a previous PFF grade.  Cockrell's strengh is zone coverage so  playing slot as a part time last year does not make him an ideal for slot corner for 3 years.

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

Andre Roberts just signed giving the Jets a much needed boost to their KR/PR.  Need somebody like that who can flip the field for us on an occasion.  

I’m kinda blah about this. Knowing our staff he will steal snaps from young WRs as well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dr.O said:
Ndamukong Suh update: #Suh tells me that the #Jets have emerged as a serious contender, alongside the #Titans, #Rams and #Saints (in no particular order). While a visit to NY has yet to be facilitated, Todd Bowles/the Jets have informed Suh precisely how they envision using him.

Wut

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dr.O said:
Ndamukong Suh update: #Suh tells me that the #Jets have emerged as a serious contender, alongside the #Titans, #Rams and #Saints (in no particular order). While a visit to NY has yet to be facilitated, Todd Bowles/the Jets have informed Suh precisely how they envision using him.

Can’t imagine he would choose us as I would imagine he’d join a win now team. Guys made a pretty mint over the years. 

6 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

i was all for cutting players who are in legal trouble or bad for the locker room so that we could change the culture, BUT if Suh signs here that’s out the window. that would be a huge upgrade to our defense and we would be SCARY

Edited by Jets913
  • Like 1