FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

2 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

We need Hurns

We haven't had a Miami guy in a longgggg time IIRC

Definitely want Hurns although being a Miami guy and being in Florida is whole life... I’m sure the snow he was treated with this morning for his visit wasn’t a great selling point. Money talks though.

2 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

If we sign Hurns, then now thinking about it we have a lot of "inside" guys

Enunwa, Kearse, and arguably Hurns all work best inside

Interesting

I'd assume it's Robby/Hurns outside with Kearse slot and Q as the H-back role again.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

If we did, I’m sincerely curious who the odd man out would be. It’d also be Mac admitting that drafting those receivers last year was a mistake. 

Oh lord he we go with the mistake stuff lol. Kearse is older, Anderson is a mess up, Q is a FA after this year. Hansen and Stewart will get their chances. Receivers usually take a while to adjust, Q was a waste is first year or two then broke out. Give them some time. Hurns and Pryor would probably be one or two year deals anyway.

27 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Adding Hurns would be huge. Imagine getting him and Going R1: Rosen, R3: Kemoko Turay, R4: Nyhiem Hines....

get Rosen and the rest is just cake. getting our future franchise QB is the entire point of this offseason and we need to get it right. Hurns would be a nice guy for him to throw to though

7 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Oh lord he we go with the mistake stuff lol. Kearse is older, Anderson is a mess up, Q is a FA after this year. Hansen and Stewart will get their chances. Receivers usually take a while to adjust, Q was a waste is first year or two then broke out. Give them some time. Hurns and Pryor would probably be one or two year deals anyway.

Going 5 receivers deep with your 3rd and 4th round picks as your 6th and 7th options wouldn't be alarming?

7 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Going 5 receivers deep with your 3rd and 4th round picks as your 6th and 7th options wouldn't be alarming?

Would he though?

Lets say we signed one of Pryor/Hurns

Kearse could be dealt or could stay, Anderson has legal trouble so we don't know. 

Q, Pryor/Hurns, Stewart, Hansen, Smith(likely cut anyway), Whitehead(KR, PR likely)

The worst thing is to give up on young guys we knew we'd need to develop, thats the problem. Every player who doesn't light up after year 1 or 2 is a mistake. No patience.

Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

Would he though?

Lets say we signed one of Pryor/Hurns

Kearse could be dealt or could stay, Anderson has legal trouble so we don't know. 

Q, Pryor/Hurns, Stewart, Hansen, Smith(likely cut anyway), Whitehead(KR, PR likely)

The worst thing is to give up on young guys we knew we'd need to develop, thats the problem. Every player who doesn't light up after year 1 or 2 is a mistake. No patience.

I'm not saying give up on them my man, i'm saying they might be questioning how good they actually are at this point their careers (even if they're sophomores). 

34 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Why would we switch to a Tampa-2 Zone Defense after spending nearly $33 million dollars on Trumaine Johnson and Morris Claiborne this year?

I’m not talking changing our whole defensive system but if they have him in for a visit surely they see him having a role to get the best out of him. Otherwise it feels like a waste if he’s not utilised correctly. 

2 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I'm not saying give up on them my man, i'm saying they might be questioning how good they actually are at this point their careers (even if they're sophomores). 

They gave up on a 2nd round QB who never took a snap so I wouldn’t put anything past them lol

I didn’t like the Stewart pick. But one of him or Hansen needs to become at least a decent player for us.

2 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

It doesn't even have to be that, I think Macc is doing the right thing by bringing in multiple guys at certain positions.