FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

Just now, SDotNova said:

Got to give those guys time. WR is actually a position the Jets have done a half decent job developing players. I don't see either being a number. But I think in a year or two one will be viewed as a number 2 or 3 WR. Maybe both. 

I just find their lack of production given their snap counts alarmingly bad

18 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Have to factor in targets though.  Going out and running a route and having one read Petty trying to get the ball out quickly isn't helping your catches either.

They very well could have ran a nice route and Petty/McCown never looked their way.

Edited by Rockice_8

1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

That's my thoughts.  Unless Kearse is the odd man out in that situation.

I hope not as Kearse is so underrated. He’s a quality route runner, relieble receiver with good hands and quick enough to make big plays. He’s also a hard worker and good team mate. 

Hes also frigging cheappppp. He’s the only receiver right now we can count on (with injuries, rookie development and arrests)  

Just now, barnaby8787 said:

Right. But there were times when Hansen was open and McCown didn't look his way. McCown gets the ball out quick and that doesn't bold well when you are the 3rd or 4th option.

14 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Have to factor in targets though.  Going out and running a route and having one read Petty trying to get the ball out quickly is helping your catches either.

They very well could have ran a nice route and Petty/McCown never looked their way.

Or it could be that they weren't open

13 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Right. But there were times when Hansen was open and McCown didn't look his way. McCown gets the ball out quick and that doesn't bold well when you are the 3rd or 4th option.

That's every receiver though.  If they're open enough, the QB will find ways to get them the ball.