FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

2 hours ago, xenajets said:

https://youtu.be/VaXOhYkFTCo

Watching this makes my heart break. Why can’t he have his head on straight. He could genuinely be a special player in this league if he wanted to. 

6’3, great hands, sprinter level speed and underrated route running. Wasted talent?!

I don't understand it either, what a waste of talent. Best deep threat we had since Wesley Walker, and that is a long time ago.

• Like 2

Do we kick the tires on Derrick Johnson, Dwight Freeney, Tamba Hali or Brian Cushing to try and "Mentor" our linebackers?

Do we roll the dice on Breeland or Gaines for our slot?

Do we try to sign Vaccaro, Boston, Reid or Branch in hope they could be our Bucannon?

Do we try and sign Lewis, Thomas, Niklas, Gates, Watson or Rodgers to upgrade the tight end spot?

Do we try and sign Hankins, Suh, Williams, Mayowa, Crick to beef up or defensive line?

Do we try and sign Mewhort, Joeckel or Robinson to try and improve our offensive line?

Do we try and sign Hurns, Matthews, Pryor, Wallace, Decker, Maclin, Inman or Floyd to give us another receiver?

Do we try and sign McPhee or McCellin in attempt to get a pass rush?

Do we roll the dice on Aldon Smith or Junior Galette as people?

Do we bring back Ealy? Bring back Marcus Williams?

All these questions and more answered next time, on NFL Offseason.

Edited by Akomplice
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Akomplice said:

Do we kick the tires on Derrick Johnson, Dwight Freeney, Tamba Hali or Brian Cushing to try and "Mentor" our linebackers?

Do we roll the dice on Breeland or Gaines for our slot?

Do we try to sign Vaccaro, Boston, Reid or Branch in hope they could be our Bucannon?

Do we try and sign Lewis, Thomas, Niklas, Gates, Watson or Rodgers to upgrade the tight end spot?

Do we try and sign Hankins, Suh, Williams, Mayowa, Crick to beef up or defensive line?

Do we try and sign Mewhort, Joeckel or Robinson to try and improve our offensive line?

Do we try and sign Hurns, Matthews, Pryor, Wallace, Decker, Maclin, Inman or Floyd to give us another receiver?

Do we try and sign McPhee or McCellin in attempt to get a pass rush?

Do we roll the dice on Aldon Smith or Junior Galette as people?

Do we bring back Ealy? Bring back Marcus Williams?

All these questions and more answered next time, on NFL Offseason.

Quality DBZ reference 

10 hours ago, BlaZeN37 said:

While I agree he might be a ticking time bomb, I just don’t see the Jets cutting him before the season (baring another big incident). There’s literally no risk in keeping him at less than a $1M cap hit this year coming off a season where he had almost 1,000 yards and 7 TDs with Josh McCown as his QB. It’s just bad business to cut him. Maybe they try to trade him before the trade deadline. Now I do believe the Jets won’t pay him, just don’t see him getting cut. Guess we will see.

Never said he would get cut

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Quality DBZ reference 

It's spring outside, my ***. It got me looking at the remaining free agents and there are still a ton of players on the market that could help. Now don't get me wrong, most of the names aren't viable options, I think it's pretty obvious that we're trying to address and establish and identity and culture. I think Donahue is going to be gone, he hasn't shown any reason to be given a second chance. Anderson is going to stick around just because he's talented.

But yeah, you can never go run with a DBZ reference.

10 minutes ago, Colt45fool said:

Robby being cut is a joke lol. He's too cheap and talented to be cut. Even traded. It's not like he's demanding a big time contract too. 

The NFL is gong to come down had on Anderson, it is such a shame he is such a head case.

Edited by doumeyer

Just to elaborate, I think he'd be someone that would get traded. Remember a few years ago when there was apparently a lot of trade interest in our receivers "not-named Marshall or Decker"? The interest was in RA. Now the league got a taste what he can do, but also saw some of the potential issues he may bring. He hasn't done anything yet that will get him a hefty suspension, but there's cause for concern whether he's best fit for what the Jets are trying to build from a "selfless cultural" standpoint.

If we do find a replacement, I can see us trading him to a team like Seattle or Green Bay eventually. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Just to elaborate, I think he'd be someone that would get traded. Remember a few years ago when there was apparently a lot of trade interest in our receivers "not-named Marshall or Decker"? The interest was in RA. Now the league got a taste what he can do, but also saw some of the potential issues he may bring. He hasn't done anything yet that will get him a hefty suspension, but there's cause for concern whether he's best fit for what the Jets are trying to build from a "selfless cultural" standpoint.

If we do find a replacement, I can see us trading him to a team like Seattle or Green Bay eventually. 

Right, so our only receivers for our QB of the future are Enunwa and kearse. And when our QBOTF is Geno 2.0....

It doesn't make any sense. To be clear, we need Robby more than he needs us right now. 

18 minutes ago, Colt45fool said:

Right, so our only receivers for our QB of the future are Enunwa and kearse. And when our QBOTF is Geno 2.0....

It doesn't make any sense. To be clear, we need Robby more than he needs us right now. 

When are people going to realize that GENO WAS NEVER GOING TO BE A GOOD QB?

Enunwa, Kearse, a presumable FA signing... Hansen and Stewart getting a 2nd year of development... the draft... free agency next year... 

• Like 1