FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

Well I don't "know" that but that's my opinion and what I project for the offense. Unless we signed a really good receiving TE, the position to me projects to be a rotational committee. Bates used a lot of two TE sets in the past and clearly likes players at that position to be able to both catch and block. I don't think Ebron is "really good." I think he's average and his strengths/weaknesses don't project well to me in NY. 

I don't think carpenter or winters for that matter are as bad as people think.  Wesley Johnson being subpar really impacted the whole line and added responsibility to both guards.  Hopefully Long can eliminate this issue.  As for pouncey solid talent worry about the injuries.

• Like 1

I rather keeping Carpenter. We can get the future recoup when he hits FA. Big Deal!  lol.

It is all depending on how Bates and Dennison have planned for blocking assignments.  ZBS varies.  It takes time to excel.  Jets already have two ideal ZBS players on future contracts.

25 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

Meh I wanted him but I am really not that broken up..... on a side note... how much are they paying TE's for god sake?

The TE/WR market was a lot hotter than I expected. Didn't think those contracts would be so high. Same with the interior OL. 

1 hour ago, JetsFan15 said:

Hoping Pryor makes it in for the visit.  Think he makes more sense then Matthews since he can play on the outside effectively.

Matthews also plays on the outside and has been way more consistent and is younger. I would much rather Matthews but Pryor is a very nice player in his own right. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Matthews also plays on the outside and has been way more consistent and is younger. I would much rather Matthews but Pryor is a very nice player in his own right. 

Matthews is nice but remember the first two years were in Chip's offense .... that offense made Sanchez look half way decent! LOL

I just like Pryor's athleticism a bit more.  Would take either but prefer Pryor.