FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

Just now, JetsFan15 said:

Matthews is nice but remember the first two years were in Chip's offense .... that offense made Sanchez look half way decent! LOL

I just like Pryor's athleticism a bit more.  Would take either but prefer Pryor. 

True, good point. Im just glad we continue to add to the offense. We also dont even know what we have in Stewart or Hansen yet either. Adding Pryor gives us a ton of depth to the position despite what the so-called experts say. The lack of following of the Jets also comes up on the main stream outlets, hard to watch or listen to. 

As things stand now, the Jets offensive roster is the worst in the in their 55  history, all this ZBS stuff is a lot of crap. We had 100 million to spend on offensive players and we got a bunch of second tier players on offensive.  Even if Bridgewater is fully healed  how do you expect him to be productive with this collection of clowns that Mac has put together in the four off seasons, as Jets GM. The first answer I will get on this is post is " nobody wanted to come to the Jets "  maybe it because we haven't had a first round pick in 8 years, on offensive and all of Mac's second & later round pick can't even make the playing field.

15 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

As things stand now, the Jets offensive roster is the worst in the in their 55  history, all this ZBS stuff is a lot of crap. We had 100 million to spend on offensive players and we got a bunch of second tier players on offensive.  Even if Bridgewater is fully healed  how do you expect him to be productive with this collection of clowns that Mac has put together in the four off seasons, as Jets GM. The first answer I will get on this is post is " nobody wanted to come to the Jets "  maybe it because we haven't had a first round pick in 8 years, on offensive and all of Mac's second & later round pick can't even make the playing field.

This is just clearly not true.  If you think this is the worst offensive rosters that we have ever had you clearly have forgotten some teams.  Kearse is our #3, he would have been our #1 some years with Geno, Q and Robby are better than anyone on some of those teams.  Bilal is a better version of himself and Crowell is a better RB than you are giving him credit for.  I have no idea what you have against the ZBS but lots of the best running attacks in the league have been in the ZBS.  

• Like 1

Just now, rampantjet said:

This is just clearly not true.  If you think this is the worst offensive rosters that we have ever had you clearly have forgotten some teams.  Kearse is our #3, he would have been our #1 some years with Geno, Q and Robby are better than anyone on some of those teams.  Bilal is a better version of himself and Crowell is a better RB than you are giving him credit for.  I have no idea what you have against the ZBS but lots of the best running attacks in the league have been in the ZBS.  

Who is going to lead our running attack?  what jail will Anderson be in on opening day. who is going to play TE. Mac had to give up all our draft picks this year to get a QB. Now answer the question why didn't Cousins want to come to the Jets? And this guy Bates wasn't he the QB coach last year. he did such a great job with Petty & Hack we had to make him the new OC. We gave up a high # 1 pick to get Kearse or did you forget.  YOU STILL HAVE NOT ANSWER THE QUESTION WHY NO HIGH FA TALENT DIDN'T WANT TO COME TO THE JETS???

12 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

YOU STILL HAVE NOT ANSWER THE QUESTION WHY NO HIGH FA TALENT DIDN'T WANT TO COME TO THE JETS???

What high end FA talent was there really this year?

Allen Robinson? Kirk Cousins? Drew Brees? Maybe Sammy Watkins? Are you really getting upset that we didn't land on of these guys? If we would've given that contract to Watkins everyone would've been outraged. The only curious case was Allen Robinson, oh well we didn't get him. ASJ people need to realize, didn't exactly light the world on fire last year. We can still sign any tight end or Leggett could give us the same production he gave us last year.

Jets didn't even have the worst offensive team last year and we've upgraded our offensive line, we're getting Enunwa back and Crowell is better than Forte. Look no one is happy that the Jets offense isn't prolific, but it's not the worst offense in Jets history C'mon now...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Who is going to lead our running attack?  what jail will Anderson be in on opening day. who is going to play TE. Mac had to give up all our draft picks this year to get a QB. Now answer the question why didn't Cousins want to come to the Jets? And this guy Bates wasn't he the QB coach last year. he did such a great job with Petty & Hack we had to make him the new OC. We gave up a high # 1 pick to get Kearse or did you forget.  YOU STILL HAVE NOT ANSWER THE QUESTION WHY NO HIGH FA TALENT DIDN'T WANT TO COME TO THE JETS???

Jesus man.... did you pop some adderall tonight?  Anderson got a speeding ticket and was a prick after, he isn't going to jail.  Crowell is a good RB and Powell was our lead back last year... are you saying we are going to miss grandpa Forte THAT much?  

Petty and Hack could have sold their souls to the Dark One and they wouldn't have ended up being good.  I am not going to blame Bates for not turning poop into a prime rib.  

Why did Cousins not want to come here?  Well MN is a ready made superbowl team who offered him almost as much.  He was also apparently "Turned off" by the NY market which to me means he is a coward who doesn't think he can play under the bright lights.  It was also reported that he preferred to play in a dome... scared of weather too, man I'm happy we didn't get that guy.

We gave up a #1 pick to get Kearse?  Do you mean Sheldon "I have 2 1/2 sacks in the last 30 games" Richardson?  Wow what a loss.  Don't forget Kearse was a throw in on that deal, and we got valuable draft capital for a guy we weren't going to resign anyway.  Draft capitol that allowed us to make what could turn into one of the best moves i can remember this franchise ever making.

Why didn't we get any top notch FA's?  Well that is pretty common sense.  We don't have a young promising QB.  But we are doing our best to find one for once, and I couldn't be happier about it.  Here is the plan, get a young QB who catches the eye of players around the league, then next year when we have about another 90 mill in cap space to spend we actually get high end FA talent.  We also still have our #1 next year which is insane that we were able to trade up for a QB without losing it.    

But seriously man.... take a breath.... calm down.

• Like 7

For what it is worth Dylan Donahue got busted a second time for DUI in Montana. I think the Brandon Copeland signing just put an end to Dylan playing days as a jet. Dylan might even be out of the league too. Hope the young man gets some help. 

I would like to add Pryor or Mathews to the WR core just to give us a little more depth. I think you guys are way under estimating Kearse ability as a WR. I also think Leggett is going to be a better TE than Ebron. The guy is a bum. All he would do is eat up playing time for Leggett. 

My next FA I like the jets to sign

Suh - This guy is a beast even at 31. I would sign him to a 2 or 3 year deal with no hit after the second year. 

Hankins - He would be my fall back guy if we did not get Suh. He is a lot younger 26 and is only going to get better. 

After that I would see who gets cut in June 1. 

Remember guys we will have a ton of cap space next year two with all these 1 year deals. I'm very excited about the next few years with the jets. We are going to get a franchise QB weather it be Teddy or Rookie. I hope both do really well and keep them for a year or two and then trade Teddy to say the Saints when Brees is done. 

Allen Hurns was released. Relevant since we've had interest in nearly all the "big" WRs in FA this cycle. I much prefer him than a lot of the guys out there... big body, hard worker, good run blocker, and still young. He's dealt with some injuries, but a healthy Hurns would be a solid addition  to the offense. 

• Like 2