FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

Sterling did look really good at times & still don't know what we have in Leggett. It's not a must fill right away. Vet TE's often hit the market throughout the offseason. May not be anyone special, but names that are good enough to take a shot at. Thomas, Wilson, and Rodgers are still out there. 

10 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Why not?

Why would we want him? Maybe I'm missing something. He was drafted as a vertical threat TE with this huge receiving production upside and hasn't delivered. Lions fans have complained about his drops his whole career. He had every opportunity to be a big factor in a good Lions offense but was never a reliable pass catching target which was the only thing expected of him. 

The fit just doesn't make much sense to me and he'll probably be looking for good money since he's trying to live off his draft hype and youth still. 

3 minutes ago, Sandwhich2 said:

Why would we want him? Maybe I'm missing something. He was drafted as a vertical threat TE with this huge receiving production upside and hasn't delivered. Lions fans have complained about his drops his whole career. He had every opportunity to be a big factor in a good Lions offense but was never a reliable pass catching target which was the only thing expected of him. 

The fit just doesn't make much sense to me and he'll probably be looking for good money since he's trying to live off his draft hype and youth still. 

Did you want to resign ASJ? 

Just now, Sandwhich2 said:

In terms of drops, he graded out above average for TE's last year.  He never lived up to the hype of a 1st round pick, but had 1800+ receiving yards over the past three years.  He's a solid receiving threat at TE.

A little but I didn't care much at all that we didn't, he was getting pretty overrated here too. 

I agree ASJ was wildly overrated.  Ebron has been way better in his career thus far.  Are you happy with what we have then?  

I get why Lions fans are not happy with Ebron giving they spent a 1st on him. But Ebron is a solid starting level TE. 

There aren't too many great TE's in the league. You have like 5 at the top. Then the next 15-20 guys are just solid. 

As long as the deal is right, I'd be happy with Ebron. 

I'd rather have Brent Celek or one of the other vets. Get a vet blocker that can also be a passing game contributor and develop the position. I don't think Ebron fits the offense and there's not a youthful option that's super exciting.

Ebron is fine I guess, just not sure why he's the only TE you're all talking about as if he's so substantially better. 

I'd rather have Brent Celek or one of the other vets. Get a vet blocker that can also be a passing game contributor and develop the position. I don't think Ebron fits the offense and there's not a youthful option that's super exciting.

Ebron is fine I guess, just not sure why he's the only TE you're all talking about as if he's so substantially better. 

Celek is 33 and on the downside of his career.  I'm not sure how much he has left in the tank.  Ebron is 24 years old, and could still be ascending.  His hands have been getting better yearly, he has 2 500+ yard seasons and a 700+ yard season, that isn't bad for a TE.  The last time we had a TE top even 400 yards was 2011 with Dustin Keller who had an 800 yard season.  Keller is a really similar guy to Ebron, though a bit smaller.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

Celek is 33 and on the downside of his career.  I'm not sure how much he has left in the tank.  Ebron is 24 years old, and could still be ascending.  His hands have been getting better yearly, he has 2 500+ yard seasons and a 700+ yard season, that isn't bad for a TE.  The last time we had a TE top even 400 yards was 2011 with Dustin Keller who had an 800 yard season.  Keller is a really similar guy to Ebron, though a bit smaller.

Ebron won't get over 600 yards with the Jets. Not many TEs would. That's not the role I think a TE is going to play for the Jets. 

I would only want Celek on a one year deal as a rotational player. 

4 minutes ago, Sandwhich2 said:

Ebron won't get over 600 yards with the Jets. Not many TEs would. That's not the role I think a TE is going to play for the Jets. 

I would only want Celek on a one year deal as a rotational player. 

How do you know that know?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlaZeN37 said:

As much as I want Ebron, it’s starting to feel like the Jets have no interest. They brought back Tomlinson and tendered Neal Sterling at $1.9 million, plus they have Leggett. Wouldn’t be shocked if they didn’t even sign another TE, depending on how they feel about Leggett.

Those TE are terrible we need a real TE not those bums. 

• Like 1