FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

Just now, jetskid007 said:

2018. I think they're tired of him already, and it won't surprise me one bit if we sign his replacement and move on sooner rather than later. 

I’d be shocked. 

I think the talent he has shown has outweighed his off-field troubles... for now. He’s also dirt cheap this year, I just don’t see them cutting bait yet regardless of who they sign. Anderson is getting better every year.

Just now, BlaZeN37 said:

I’d be shocked. 

I think the talent he has shown has outweighed his off-field troubles... for now. He’s also dirt cheap this year, I just don’t see them cutting bait yet regardless of who they sign. Anderson is getting better every year.

He's flying under the radar, but he's still being a dumbass. Rumors he got kicked off a flight recently, tweeted (and deleted) an expletive-laced rant at Cris Carter. Just doesn't seem to get it and is a ticking time bomb. 

48 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

He's flying under the radar, but he's still being a dumbass. Rumors he got kicked off a flight recently, tweeted (and deleted) an expletive-laced rant at Cris Carter. Just doesn't seem to get it and is a ticking time bomb. 

While I agree he might be a ticking time bomb, I just don’t see the Jets cutting him before the season (baring another big incident). There’s literally no risk in keeping him at less than a $1M cap hit this year coming off a season where he had almost 1,000 yards and 7 TDs with Josh McCown as his QB. It’s just bad business to cut him. Maybe they try to trade him before the trade deadline. Now I do believe the Jets won’t pay him, just don’t see him getting cut. Guess we will see.

Wouldn't surprise me if we trade Robby during the draft or during the season. Teams like Washington, Bengals, Colts, 49ers, and maybe some other teams would take a shot at him because his age, cheap contract, and the would have been 1k year if McCown stayed healthy. 

I'm open to keeping him even if we sign another WR. But I can see Macc aiming to collect more picks after the trade. So if someone makes the right offer, he's out.