FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

2 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

That's because he's consistently been primarily a blocking TE in Jax.  Last year he was used more in the passing games.  He's one of the best blocking TE's in the league.  He also had two more TD's than ASJ and 25 less targets.

Ya.... I don't want ASJ either.  If we were in the mode where we were trying to make a run this year, maybe he'd be an ok addition, but we just aren't.  I don't see the point of signing older guys who won't be around when this rebuild really gets going.

Here’s the big thing, though: Even after all their signings this offseason (except Long), #Jets are projected to have a league-high $118 million in 2019, per OTC.

Let's just hope we use the money well and start drafting better. Part of the reason why we have so much money is because we haven't been drafting well and, thus, have nobody to spend the money on.

1 minute ago, SDotNova said:

Here’s the big thing, though: Even after all their signings this offseason (except Long), #Jets are projected to have a league-high $118 million in 2019, per OTC.

Let's just hope we use the money well and start drafting better. Part of the reason why we have so much money is because we haven't been drafting well and, thus, have nobody to spend the money on.

Well if we hit on this QB pick we will have 2 great things going for us.  We will have the money, and we will be a desirable location for once.  We could seriously make a massive turn around next year if we pick the right guy. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

Ya.... I don't want ASJ either.  If we were in the mode where we were trying to make a run this year, maybe he'd be an ok addition, but we just aren't.  I don't see the point of signing older guys who won't be around when this rebuild really gets going.

He'd be an excellent mentor to Leggett.  We need talent on offense and we don't have much right now.

I know this is the 2018 FA thread but did anyone peep the 2019 list.  It's jaw dropping.

Mac is a genius if he lands a franchise QB in this draft.  1 we have a QB to lure FA's now and 2 he has a low cap hit on said QB for 5 years and a boatload of cap rolling over.

We could be serious contenders in 2019 if the QB is legit and we spend some of that money on some premier FA's in 2019.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I know this is the 2018 FA thread but did anyone peep the 2019 list.  It's jaw dropping.

Mac is a genius if he lands a franchise QB in this draft.  1 we have a QB to lure FA's now and 2 he has a low cap hit on said QB for 5 years and a boatload of cap rolling over.

We could be serious contenders in 2019 if the QB is legit and we spend some of that money on some premier FA's in 2019.  

Haven't look at the class as a whole, but I know the receiver class in insane

7 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Haven't look at the class as a whole, but I know the receiver class in insane

Took a peak. There's some elite edge guys as well.  Clowney and Mack are set to be UFA.  Those two guys aren't going any where. Also Barr and Ford are UFA. There's a chance Barr hits FA since the Vikes have a few players to resign. 

Edited by SDotNova
  • Like 1

Hurns is the guy I think will be the "Robert Woods" of this free agency - undervalued and misused by his former team, turns into a really consistent #2 elsewhere.

This damn snowstorm better not disrupt the visit because he's a hot commodity 

BTW, I honestly don't think Robby will be on the team next season. We'll see, but that's my take. 

Edited by jetskid007
  • Like 1