FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

3 minutes ago, Colt45fool said:

Pryor and Matthews are both trash. Low cost low upside with both. Rather just stick with what we have. Seriously. At least Kearse can run routes and catch. Which is more than I can say for either Pryor or Matthews. 

How does Pryor have low upside? 

6 minutes ago, Colt45fool said:

Pryor and Matthews are both trash. Low cost low upside with both. Rather just stick with what we have. Seriously. At least Kearse can run routes and catch. Which is more than I can say for either Pryor or Matthews. 

We would still have Kearse. Signing one of these guys is insurance in case Stewart and Hansen doesn't pan out. Gotta have depth at that position. 

Anyone thinking they might use Enunwa at multiple position like they did a few years ago? Maybe that's another reason to sign an additional WR. 

2 minutes ago, Sapo28 said:

Yeah he looked like a top 15 WR with the Browns but damn did he flop with Cousins last year... 

I think part of it is that you get a lot less targets in a Gruden offense, but he did struggle.  Either way, he was a beast 2 years ago and he's still learning the position.

45 minutes ago, BJets512 said:

The thing with Pryor is he probably is going to want another 1 year prove it deal. I wouldn't love that for the Jets. 

Why not? I think that's a best case scenario for the Jets. We basically get a chance to audition Enunwa, Anderson, Kearse and Pryor for starting receiver roles. If two of Enunwa, Kearse, and Pryor show to be starting level WR, sign them and tender Anderson. Also we get a chance to see who develops good chimistry with our QBOTF before we make a commitment to our receiving group. 

Edited by SDotNova

2 hours ago, Sapo28 said:

Yeah he looked like a top 15 WR with the Browns but damn did he flop with Cousins last year... 

You are right is saw him a couple of years where he look good, but last year not so good. I would sign him for one year, to many of WR are big ? marks

10 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

He's old, but i'd take Marcedes Lewis on a one year deal.  Graded out as a top 10 TE.  Would be a solid stop gap until we find our future at TE (unless Leggett is it).

Add it to my list as well. Would be a good signing. 

46 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

He's old, but i'd take Marcedes Lewis on a one year deal.  Graded out as a top 10 TE.  Would be a solid stop gap until we find our future at TE (unless Leggett is it).

Yeesh guys about to be 34 and had less yardage than ASJ last year.  In fact last time he had more yards than ASJ had last year was 2013 and that was by 2 yards.

5 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

Yeesh guys about to be 34 and had less yardage than ASJ last year.  In fact last time he had more yards than ASJ had last year was 2013 and that was by 2 yards.

What if, and hang with me here, but what if reception yards wasn't the only way to judge the play of a TE? 

3 minutes ago, Sandwhich2 said:

What if, and hang with me here, but what if reception yards wasn't the only way to judge the play of a TE? 

For sure, blocking is very important, but we brought back our blocking TE from last year who looked really good in that roll.  We need a guy that can do more than block and can threaten a team in the passing game.  Tomlinson had some catches last year too and didn't look terrible as a receiver.  If he can expand on that he might be a nice #2 TE to whoever we end up with at #1.

22 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

That's because he's consistently been primarily a blocking TE in Jax.  Last year he was used more in the passing games.  He's one of the best blocking TE's in the league.  He also had two more TD's than ASJ and 25 less targets.