FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

7 minutes ago, Colt45fool said:

David Nelson, who has been out of the league and Jeremy Kerley who is barely in the league where his top receivers...

He also had that guy Eric Decker, who was at the top of his game back then. Either way, I’m not saying that Geno had good weapons, rather, he was never going to be a good QB. 

Also- crisis averted: Hurns visiting the Jets today. I expect us to sign him or Pryor. I prefer Hurns... I believe he can be a Jericho Cotchery type for us long-term

Edited by jetskid007

Just now, jetskid007 said:

He also had that guy Eric Decker, who was at the top of his game back then. 

Also- crisis averted: Hurns visiting the Jets today. 

Hopefully we don’t let him leave. We have a better QB situation to sell now.

17 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

He also had that guy Eric Decker, who was at the top of his game back then. Either way, I’m not saying that Geno had good weapons, rather, he was never going to be a good QB. 

Also- crisis averted: Hurns visiting the Jets today. I expect us to sign him or Pryor. I prefer Hurns... I believe he can be a Jericho Cotchery type for us long-term

Yes signing one of those players would sure help. What my big worry is TE, if Bridgewater is going to be the QB, if we don't play the rookie QB we are going to need a passing catching TE, because he throws a lot of short passes. And those TE we have on the roster now are stiffs.

2 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

If we did, I’m sincerely curious who the odd man out would be. It’d also be Mac admitting that drafting those receivers last year was a mistake. 

Well it was a mistake :D

I'd be ok w one or the other. I'm at least coming around to the idea. 

Understandably people are down on Stewart and Hansen, but there are plenty of WRs that have gone from sub-120 yard seasons in their rookie years that became rock-solid receivers.

I can actually name 4 receivers that have played on the Jets within the last 10 years: 

• Jermaine Kearse: 7 games - 3 receptions, 31 yards (with SEA) - Undrafted
  • Quincy Enunwa: 1 game - 0 receptions (with NYJ) - 6th round pick 
  • Eric Decker: 14 games - 6 rec, 106 yards (with DEN) - 3rd round pick 
  • Jerricho Cotchery: 12 games - 6 rec, 60 yards (with NYJ) - 4th round pick 
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Not only did Decker play hurt, but if I recall properly the line was awful and the running game was non existent that year. The defense was decimated and void of talent. That 2015 team, I still believe, Geno could have done some nice things. 

2 minutes ago, Colt45fool said:

Not only did Decker play hurt, but if I recall properly the line was awful and the running game was non existent that year. The defense was decimated and void of talent. That 2015 team, I still believe, Geno could have done some nice things. 

Maybe he would've put up better stats, but he was never going to be a franchise QB. 

18 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Understandably people are down on Stewart and Hansen, but there are plenty of WRs that have gone from sub-120 yard seasons in their rookie years that became rock-solid receivers.

I can actually name 4 receivers that have played on the Jets within the last 10 years: 

• Jermaine Kearse: 7 games - 3 receptions, 31 yards (with SEA) - Undrafted
  • Quincy Enunwa: 1 game - 0 receptions (with NYJ) - 6th round pick 
  • Eric Decker: 14 games - 6 rec, 106 yards (with DEN) - 3rd round pick 
  • Jerricho Cotchery: 12 games - 6 rec, 60 yards (with NYJ) - 4th round pick 

You’re leaving out a huge part of this.

Those guys were injured when Hansen and Stewart were healthy. Far from an apples to apples debate.

1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

The big thing to note is that Kearse, Enunwa, and potentially Robby will all be on different teams in 2019. It's too early to rule out what kind of players Hansen and Stewart are capable of being, but part of trying to sign one of these FAs this year is to have at least one veteran locked into the lineup for next year. 

So you don’t think the Jets end up paying either Q or Robby?

Edited by BlaZeN37

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

You’re leaving out a huge part of this.

Those guys were injured when Hansen and Stewart were healthy. Far from an apples to apples debate.

That's my biggest thing too.  There's no reason why one of them couldn't have secured playing time with Q out for the year.