FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Not sure the Lions even let him go, but Ansah is going to be 29 already next season. Not sure I’d want to pay him big buying 2 years or so in FA. For comparison Lawerence is 3yrs younger.

I don't really want Ziggy because I think he is going to command a big deal, I'd much rather have Lawrence. 

1a) Jensen

1b) Lawrence

2) Robinson

3) Cousins

would be my order of preference when it comes to targeting FAs

1 minute ago, rdelaney89 said:

I don't really want Ziggy because I think he is going to command a big deal, I'd much rather have Lawrence. 

1a) Jensen

1b) Lawrence

2) Robinson

3) Cousins

would be my order of preference when it comes to targeting FAs

Im not a huge Ansah fan either, but I think he’s way more likely to hit FA than Lawerence. My rankings are vaguely...

1. Cousins

2. AR15

3. Jensen

4. Landry

5. Norwell

6. Johnson

7. Gaines

8. Richburg

9. Mowhert 

10. Matthews

55 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Mines 

1. Norwell

2. Jensen

3. Gaines

4. Breeland

5. Burton

6. Landry

7. Lee

8. Fulton

9. Richburg

10. Mewhort 

edit it forgot about Cousins lol he's #1 on the list bump everything down 1

Yep, pretty much right there with you.  Gut says we don't get Norwell though. 

5 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I'd rather draft an RB, but worth noting that CJ Anderson is reportedly likely to be cut or traded.  Just turned 27 a few days ago and just had a 1000 yard year behind an o-line that it arguably worse than ours.

I’d prefer McKinnon, Hill or Crowell rather than him. What I’d really like for us to do is target 1 of those guys and draft Barkley at 6 (if available and we signed Cousins) or draft a guy like Michel, Guice or Jones III in Round 2. Cut both Forte and Powell.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I’d prefer McKinnon, Hill or Crowell rather than him. What I’d really like for us to do is target 1 of those guys and draft Barkley at 6 (if available and we signed Cousins) or draft a guy like Michel, Guice or Jones III in Round 2. Cut both Forte and Powell.

I'd take any personally

30 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

If Allen Robinson makes it to the open market, he is my 1b to Kirk Cousins' 1a. He's reminiscent of a young Brandon Marshall without the character issues and is only 24 years old.

Talk about turning around the offense with 2 guys. Add drafting a RB and you guys won’t hear me complain about weapons anymore.

I did ask on the Jags forum if they plan on keeping him and they all said yes. That they’ll let Lee walk. Not in stone, but something to think about.

2 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

A perfect Free Agency to me is Cousins, 2 OL(Jensen + a guard), Butler and a Wide Receiver plus our key guys(ASJ, Ealy, Claiborne, Davis)

EDGE would then become our biggest need.

I agree with all of that except Butler. I’m not high on him. Johnson or Gaines are who I want.