FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

1 minute ago, Rockice_8 said:

Not leaving the team just no longer defending Mac.  I was on his side but if he blows FA and doesn't draft a first round QB because of a mediocre QB like Bridgewater than he deserves to be fired.  I've suffered enough over the years, not going anywhere now or ever.

Crowding the parking lot.  People protesting works as lately. lol

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya it does based on our past... put as many average vets in front of young QBs

No, it doesn’t. You want to get a young QB as many reps as possible in TC. By doing this your admitting defeat with Hackenberg and your anointing your top pick as a likely 3rd stringer. 

I know we’re bound to have comparisons with what the Eagles did a few years ago (Bradford/Daniel/Wentz), but can’t expect lightning to strike twice and have a team willing to trade for one of the QBs before the season. Keep Hack and let him compete, sign a QB, and move heaven on earth to move up to picks 1-4 for a QB. Trying to sign 2 to large, $8-12M+ figures while hoping a QB falls to you at 6 is a pretty stupid plan. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Know what you’re talking about 1st please. He had a whole interview about his connection with Bates. He literally just tagged us in his farewell post yesterday for crying out loud.

He was always going to use the Jets to drive up the price 

• Like 1

Just now, jetskid007 said:

No, it doesn’t. You want to get a young QB as many reps as possible in TC. By doing this your admitting defeat with Hackenberg and your anointing your top pick as a likely 3rd stringer. 

I know we’re bound to have comparisons with what the Eagles did a few years ago (Bradford/Daniel/Wentz), but can’t expect lightning to strike twice and have a team willing to trade for one of the QBs before the season. Keep Hack and let him compete, sign a QB, and move heaven on earth to move up to picks 1-4 for a QB. Trying to sign 2 to large, $8-12M+ figures while hoping a QB falls to you at 6 is a pretty stupid plan. 

This is the only shred of hope we have left.  Great post.

1 minute ago, jetskid007 said:

At this point we haven’t spent any cao and have a cap floor to hit. I think in a few days Macc sighs just a ton of below average players to hit the floor. Mccown being one of them. I’m totally against it. But where are we going to spend the money?

The sky is not falling yet.  Granted we seem inept.  But there are still some big name free agents to be had.  There really hasn't been any movement at corner yet (area of need)  there are still 4 to 5 ILB that I would consider an upgrade.  Oline gets tricky and WR could be a problem.  There are RBS available.  I wouldn't hate us taking a qb at 6 and a wr in round 2 so they can develop together ( chad and coles)  my point is look at the contracts that have been dolled out.  Everyone is screaming don't over pay don't over pay but is case really worth 18 million a year.  Is Burton worth more than Brate who has caught the second most tds for tes in the last 2 years.  Pump the brakes a bit.   If by Friday we still haven't had a cup of coffee with someone burn down the town.  But I think by Friday things will look better.

Just now, Bianconero said:

Scenario:

Mac trades next years first in the package to move up in the draft knowing damn well he won’t be here next year

What are your reactions ? Bc that has a high likelihood of happening 

If the QB is legit, he can give them next years 1 and 2 for all I care.

Just now, Bianconero said:

Scenario:

Mac trades next years first in the package to move up in the draft knowing damn well he won’t be here next year

What are your reactions ? Bc that has a high likelihood of happening 

F that. we are going to be picking top 5 again. To move up 3 spots they can have 2 seconds this year and a 2nd next year and if that doesnt get it done than we sit at 6 and see who falls. were going to suck anyway.