FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

4 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I need someone to seriously sell me on Teddy Bridgewater. I’d prefer him to McCown but he should hold absolutely no place in our future plans right now.

Bridgewater was a very solid, efficient QB when he was healthy. Had top 15 QB performances in his first two seasons with little help around him. Only 25 years old. 

Hard to say whether or not he can be the same player (obviously Vikings don't think so), but worth taking a flier as he can still be a good QB (heck, look at Keenum). That said, I don't fully understand the logic of signing him, McCown, and drafting a QB. I'd rather sign one and draft one, but the Jets have to spend money... 

My one hope if we signed both: draft a QB, have everyone compete, then trade one in TC for a mid-round pick. 

QB I’m not upset about I thought it was 50/50 on getting Cousins. Bridgewater I’ve been vocal about as plan B. That’s being said I find it extremely pointless to sign him AND McCown. Just Bridgewater, Hack and a rookie is what I want now. Where I’m upset it other spots. Richburg gone. Jensen really the only other FA OC that’s an upgrade. WR not addressed all that’s left is Moncrief or Matthews. Neither a huge upgrade. Eifert at TE, but he carries risks. It’s going to be typical Jets offseason. Only address defense. And we are rather clueless when it comes to drafting offense.

1 minute ago, jetskid007 said:

Bridgewater was a very solid, efficient QB when he was healthy. Had top 15 QB performances in his first two seasons with little help around him. Only 25 years old. 

Hard to say whether or not he can be the same player (obviously Vikings don't think so), but worth taking a flier as he can still be a good QB (heck, look at Keenum). That said, I don't fully understand the logic of signing him, McCown, and drafting a QB. I'd rather sign one and draft one, but the Jets have to spend money... 

My one hope if we signed both: draft a QB, have everyone compete, then trade one in TC for a mid-round pick. 

Definitely don’t want Teddy AND McCown. The rookie would be buried unless he’s amazing from the jump. Bowles would make sure of it.

Glad Bradford signed with ARI. Always liked him and think he can win there if healthy. I'm hoping he remains healthy. 

Teddy and Josh likely landing here. McCarron likely to BUF. Miami and Buffalo both looking to move up... 

Start mocking Nelson to the Jets because we may be iced out of the QB derby. 

I will never ever understand the idea of signing both Bridgewater AND McCown.  If you sign Bridgwater and have so little confidence in him that you need to sign a 39 year old guy to back him up or even to start over him.... then why sign him.  Especially if we plan on drafting a QB which really should be the goal anyway.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Absolutely.  Remember last year was Maccagnan's first year of rebuilding program.  Basically, we are at year 2 instead of year 4.  It is a mistake for big city like NYC. It could work if Syracuse was Jets' home.

Exactly. This supposed plan we’ve had is appalling. Why not offer a new GM and HC all the money in the world with lots of draft capital this offseason. We could of had our pick of anyone we wanted. Instead we keep dumb and dumber for another year.

No doubt Josh ‘39 years of age and bang ******* average’ McCown will be starting come a September. Well I’m not paying the £150 sub fee to watch the games this year. I’d rather burn the cash. Waste of space the whole lot of them from the owner, front office, scouts and coaches. 

Joke of a franchise. Why did we ever think that things would change....

13 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

He specifically referenced Nagy and that he felt Mitch was much better than stats indicated. Felt his inclusion in the offense would make a dramatic impact on their win-loss record. 

The uncertainty at QB for us is real... which is why Maccagnan must get the right one in the draft or else he's gone. But for those who are saying that he needs to be fired due to not landing specific free agents should honestly be put in "forum timeout" and not be allowed to post for 30 minutes. Classic overreaction. 

While I'm agitated by the lack of movement thus far the whole goal this offseason was a franchise QB.  Glad to hear Mac was in on A-Rob at least he tried.

Missing on both Jensen and Richburg might be the first FA miss that really annoys me so Mac better be focused as one is gone already.  Same if we don't land at least one of the top CB's.  I want two but we must have at least one.

Edited by Rockice_8

1 minute ago, Rockice_8 said:

While I'm agitated by the lack of movement thus far the whole goal this offseason was a franchise QB.  Glad to hear Mac was in on A-Rob at least he tried.

Missing on both Jensen and Richburg might be the first FA miss that really annoys me.  Same if we don't land at least one of the top CB's. 

who gets Jensen?