Predicting Black Monday and the replacements

Trentwannabe

18 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I went back and forth on this quite a bit. My thoughts were, Richard could get that defense to be a top 5 unit and if he hired even a semi competent OC and actually had weapons, Trubisky would be good enough to get them to the playoffs. I do, however, completely understand why the Bears would go the same route LAR did this past off-season.

I just really like Richard and was really impressed with him during the interview process in Buffalo last year. 

There is as close to 0% chance as possible that the bears hire a defensive coach.  The entire offseason is going to be about putting MT10 is as good of a situation as possible.  Continuity is going to be a huge part of that.  If your hc is a decensive guy somebody could easily hire away your oc as an hc and youre stuck looking for new oc again.  

4 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

So did Dom Capers retire or did he "retire"?

nothing official is known yet. just speculation from schefter that he'll be gone. Likely the only folks who know are the GB FO, Capers, and any other potential candidates they may have sent out non-tampering feelers to.

Based on the fact it got released and NOTHING ever leaks from the GB FO I'd imagine Capers'  camp led the leak possibly to let the world know he's looking for a job.

TLDR: I suspect he did NOT retire.

8 hours ago, SkolMasterMN said:

Are there people here that think Hue Jackson is keeping his job? If so, that's ridiculous on the Browns ownership. A 1-30 stretch says it all. They have taken backwards steps with Hue Jackson, who should not be given another NFL head coaching opportunity after this trainwreck is over.

I'm not saying I think he deserves to  be kept around, but that Browns' roster is a mess.  Without naming a draft pick, can you name 5 staters not named Joe Thomas?  Unfortunately, Hue Jackson is just a place holder for the next HC.

I selfishly wish he ends up back as the DC in Baltimore, but I honestly think Pagano has overachieved his roster talent as head coach. How many games should that Colts roster have won without Luck? It should be a lot uglier than it has been, they've played a lot of close games indicating the team hasn't quit on him still. They shouldn't have had the playoff success they had WITH Luck. Chuck gets a bad rap, IMO. 

Archived