Predicting Black Monday and the replacements

Trentwannabe

Pretty self explanatory. What coaches do you see fired. Any major surprises? Does a team hang onto their coach to because of how many teams may be looking this season?

Here are my predictions based mainly off of nothing.

NYG: Jim Schwartz - being rumored that he is the favorite so I went with it. Steve Wilks is another option.
Detroit: Josh McDaniels - connection with the GM and would be handed a franchise QB with lots of weapons.
Chicago: Kris Richard - Impressive guy who helped groom the LOB. Could bring back a ferocious D to the mid west.
Tampa Bay: Pat Shurmer - Winston needs a coach to get the most out of him.
Arizona: Matt Lafleur - Get a young QB and young offensive coach and try and replicate what the Rams did this season.
Tennessee: John Defilipo - See above.
Indianapolis: Matt Patricia - Defense still needs to be fixed.
Cleveland: Matt Nagy - Dorsey connection and a young innovative offensive coach to help with the new QB.
Cincinnati: Hue Jackson - He may be able to get another playoff run with the offense if their can put a band aid on the defense.

Denver and Miami hang onto their guys for another year and avoid fighting with the cluster of teams looking for the next guy.

The following teams will be looking for new coaches IMO:

Cincinnati: Marvin Lewis and the team mutually agree to part ways. They decide to promote from within and Paul Gunther gets the gig.

Indianapolis: Pagano fired. Dave Toub reunites with his old buddy Ballard.

Houston: Rick Smith wins the power struggle and Bill O'Brien is out. They go for former Philly QB coach John DeFilipo

Detroit: Caldwell gone as Bob Quinn wants his own guy. They tempt Matt Patricia out of Foxboro.

NY Giants: Dave Gettlemen has a good relationship with Steve Wilks

Arizona: Bruce Arians retires and they decide to bring Todd Haley, their former offensive coordinator, back in as Head Coach.

Giants- Bill O'Brien.  They tried a next generation coach and failed big time. Stay with a veteran or well sound coach.

Bengals - Jim Bob Cooter.  Pretty sure Mike Brown wants no part of power from HC. Cooter edges over Nagy because of experience at high level of coaching.

Colts- Matt Nagy. He is a sexier pick than Dave Toub for Jim Irsay

Bears- Frank Reich. For Mitchell's sake.

23 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Pretty self explanatory. What coaches do you see fired. Any major surprises? Does a team hang onto their coach to because of how many teams may be looking this season?

Chicago: Kris Richard - Impressive guy who helped groom the LOB. Could bring back a ferocious D to the mid west.

I don't like him for the Bears, would like to see them go with an offensive mind who can get the most out of a QB.

21 hours ago, paul-mac said:

The following teams will be looking for new coaches IMO:

Cincinnati: Marvin Lewis and the team mutually agree to part ways. They decide to promote from within and Paul Gunther gets the gig.

Indianapolis: Pagano fired. Dave Toub reunites with his old buddy Ballard.

Houston: Rick Smith wins the power struggle and Bill O'Brien is out. They go for former Philly QB coach John DeFilipo

Detroit: Caldwell gone as Bob Quinn wants his own guy. They tempt Matt Patricia out of Foxboro.

NY Giants: Dave Gettlemen has a good relationship with Steve Wilks

Arizona: Bruce Arians retires and they decide to bring Todd Haley, their former offensive coordinator, back in as Head Coach.

The Bears are staying with Fox, can't see that happening.

12 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

I don't like him for the Bears, would like to see them go with an offensive mind who can get the most out of a QB.

I went back and forth on this quite a bit. My thoughts were, Richard could get that defense to be a top 5 unit and if he hired even a semi competent OC and actually had weapons, Trubisky would be good enough to get them to the playoffs. I do, however, completely understand why the Bears would go the same route LAR did this past off-season.

I just really like Richard and was really impressed with him during the interview process in Buffalo last year. 

3 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

And I believe Philly blocked him interviewing for the Jets this past off-season for their OC position. Seems to be a well regarded guy.

I wasnt aware a team could block a coach from interviewing for a job that would be a promotion.

2 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I wasnt aware a team could block a coach from interviewing for a job that would be a promotion.

You can't block if it is for a HC gig, but other assistant positions you can. 

"The Philadelphia Eagles denied the New York Jetspermission to interview quarterbacks coach John DeFilippo for their offensive coordinator job, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter. The 38-year-old was among those being targeted for the post after Jets offensive coordinator Chan Gailey announced his retirement earlier this week."

http://www.espn.com/blog/philadelphia-eagles/post/_/id/19951/eagles-block-john-defilippo-from-interviewing-with-jets

Archived