Who Shoud We Select at # 4?

Mind Character

Who Shoud We Select at # 4 (Colts Plz Win)?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who Shoud We Select at # 4 (Assuming the Colts don't Screw Us)?

• DE Bradley Chubb, NC State
    • CB/S Minkah Fitzpatrick, Alabama
    • RB Saquon Barkley, Penn State
    • Trade Down Baby!!
    • SS/LB Derwin James, Florida State
    • CB Denzel Ward, Ohio State
    • WR Calvin Ridley, Alabama
    • Other

I think you have to be sure a RB is special to draft him top 5. Barkley is gonna be good but I don't know about special. You can get a RB later in the draft but you can get a QB later in the draft too, 18 of the 32 that started today weren't 1st round picks and half of those selected to the pro-bowl this year weren't first round picks.

Personally I hope the Browns actually draft consistent production college players. I'm tired of living on a prayer crap, and hope players develop. That's for teams that already have a solid core to work from. Build that pyramid. This draft is crazy deep and the Browns have 6 picks out of 65. Not only that, they have to spend $57 mil minimum this year to avoid the luxury tax. They will get a CB, OT and WR in FA. 3 positions critical in the growth of this team and support of the signal caller they will get this offseason. Either Alex Smith or AJ McCarron will be a Cleveland Brown. Which I'm totally supporting. Hopefully McCarron wins his lawsuit against the Bengals and the NFL as the Bengals made his rookie year a redshirt by manipulating his status/availability. Which would make him an UFA.

My #1 pick would be Bradley Chubb No Matter What at pick #1

- Dominated consistently against top competition 

- Last 2 years had 10+ sacks/20+ TFL (4 sacks 6 TFL in those 2 years against McGlinchey/Olsen ND Boys)

- Drafting him #1 causes both Myles Garrett and Chubb to pick up their game and push each other even more as they will have comparison competition as #1 picks. 

- 5+ years of dominant edge producers

- Causes offenses fits on how to scheme against our DL and makes them slow the offense down with chip blocks and respecting the rush

- Makes the DL top 3 in the NFL between player attributes, versatility, packages and depth

My #4 pick would be Derwin James No Matter What 

- He's been rocking it and has been a huge part of FSU for 3 years. Started as a True Freshman. Tore his meniscus sophomore year, and is healthy and has no issues with his knee.

- Versatile and more than capable of playing either Safety position as he was also called to play man against the TE/Slot on a regular basis. He played FS, SS and Rush Backer. After Jalen Ramsey left, FSU schemed James to play the opposing teams best WR on critical downs due to his physicality at the LOS, length and anticipation. He's a pure true football player. 

- He truly reminds me of Sean Taylor. He goes 100 mph every play and is under control. He rarely misses a tackle, comes down hill fast, closes the gap quickly, never hesitates, good ball skills and punishes you every time you are near him. 

- Controlled Violent Tackler. The most precise feared hitter in this class. 

Either one at 4, but I would prefer both of them. Especially if Rosen keeps complaining about not wanting to become a Brown. He's the only QB I'd take at 1 or 4. He don't want to be here, draft Chubb and James No Matter What. Get Alex Smith or AJ McCarron No Matter What. 

8 hours ago, buno67 said:

Browns are not taking Barkley because he is the best RB, they would be taking Barkley because he is the best offensive weapon in the draft. If you could pair him with a rookie QB, that would be idea. There is no RB in the draft that is as dangerous as him as a returner, running, pass catcher, and blocker. 

You reasoning, how many times have you seen a guy picked in the other rounds go on to have a good career.  EX Hunt, Bell, McCoy and Dion Lewis.? you could say the same thing for every other position. 

Also Elliot and Hunt are interchangeable? GTFO. KC would be better with Elliot and Dallas would be worse with Hunt. Im a huge Hunt fan because he is from my area but they are not the same.

You just made my point. Take the RB have all the fantasy points you want and still be a loser. Waste the pick on the easiest position to fill in the later rounds. You will never have a champion team wasting picks on NON CRITICAL POSITIONS!  Your team sucks, they can't stop anyone. They played the Steelers 2nd team and they lost and your worry about a RB when you can have the best CB/DE/LB, LT, QB in the draft.  I am not trying to be a *** but your team stinks and if they keep wasting top picks on non critical position they will never succeed.

Last year I was saying that the Browns should go all out to get Jimmy G and was shot down by Browns fan. They wouldn't give up the picks. So what did they do they picked a SS and TE both non critical positions. IMO I would of trade those picks for a QB without a 2nd thought. AJ McCarron  are worth those picks if you think he can play, He doesn't have to be a star to be worth it.  Critical position.

Elliot and Hunt are not the same, big deal, you waste a HIGH pick on Elliot, and by the way he is good because of the line especially the critical position, LT tyron Smith. How did he play when Smith was hurt???

Hunt was a 3rd pick. Don't you get it NON critical position. Dallas will not sniff a( lucky to get a "high pick"shot at the best CP ) championship until Elliot is long gone. He a luxury pick if all other things are in place.  Do you think Pats would of taken a RB that high, even with the team they have. The answer No F-ing way, trade or take a critical position.

PS  Tommy TD Vardell, what was BB thinking, non critical position!!!! HA HA HA

6 hours ago, dawgpound1816 said:

Personally I hope the Browns actually draft consistent production college players. I'm tired of living on a prayer crap, and hope players develop.

Corey Coleman: All American and Biletnikoff winner

Ogbah: Big 12 defensive lineman of the year 

Nassib: All American, Lombardi winner, conference dpoty, Ted Hendricks winner

Schobert: All American, jack lambert winner, Butkus-Fitzgerald winner

Payton: UCLA’s all time leader in receptions.

Higgins: All American 

Drango: All American x2

Garrett: All American x2

Peppers: Lott Trophy, Hornung Award, All American x2, big 10 dpoty

Zane: All American 

These are just the award winners and All Americans.

There’s also guys like Kessler, S.Coleman, Kindred, Ogunjobi, Brantley, Rod Johnson, etc who were multiple year starters at big time programs (Charlotte not included).

15 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I thought Fournette, Zeke, Gurley, etc were all generational talents too?

Much respect for those 3 but i think Barkley is better because he does it all, running inside with power, running outside with speed, catching balls, pass protection...Barkley is Alvin Kamara in Zeke's body ! And his game is a mix of the two...

Just now, zappa13004 said:

Much respect for those 3 but i think Barkley is better because he does it all, running inside with power, running outside with speed, catching balls, pass protection...Barkley is Alvin Kamara in Zeke's body ! And his game is a mix of the two...

The same thing, “but _____ is better than THOSE guy”, is said every year too.

Every year the “best guy since AP” and he’s “different”.

22 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Fans tend to be victims of the moment.

I agree but not in this case. I mean it is not the second coming of etc Barkley is really special. You won't see every year a guy benching 225 30 times and at the same time running the 40 in the 4.40 range ! Fournette is so strong, Elliott is too.Kamara has such great hands. Barkley has all of that.

And about the draft, even if i like Fitz, i like Derwin James and im one of those who likes Ridley, to me there is only two options at #4 : Barkley or Chubb, in that order. Just read here than the RB class is deep and so you can find a guy with about 85% of Barkley but later no DE/CB with such value. I Agree. 100%. Except, Barkley is SPECIAL :)

1 hour ago, m haynes said:

You just made my point. Take the RB have all the fantasy points you want and still be a loser. Waste the pick on the easiest position to fill in the later rounds. You will never have a champion team wasting picks on NON CRITICAL POSITIONS!  Your team sucks, they can't stop anyone. They played the Steelers 2nd team and they lost and your worry about a RB when you can have the best CB/DE/LB, LT, QB in the draft.  I am not trying to be a *** but your team stinks and if they keep wasting top picks on non critical position they will never succeed.

Last year I was saying that the Browns should go all out to get Jimmy G and was shot down by Browns fan. They wouldn't give up the picks. So what did they do they picked a SS and TE both non critical positions. IMO I would of trade those picks for a QB without a 2nd thought. AJ McCarron  are worth those picks if you think he can play, He doesn't have to be a star to be worth it.  Critical position.

Elliot and Hunt are not the same, big deal, you waste a HIGH pick on Elliot, and by the way he is good because of the line especially the critical position, LT tyron Smith. How did he play when Smith was hurt???

Hunt was a 3rd pick. Don't you get it NON critical position. Dallas will not sniff a( lucky to get a "high pick"shot at the best CP ) championship until Elliot is long gone. He a luxury pick if all other things are in place.  Do you think Pats would of taken a RB that high, even with the team they have. The answer No F-ing way, trade or take a critical position.

PS  Tommy TD Vardell, what was BB thinking, non critical position!!!! HA HA HA

Was Fournette and McCaffery not worthy picks for their teams this past season? Hell Fournette transformed that Jags offense. You are crying about this critical positions non sense. Some of the best players in the league at this positions were either a high pick or a non 1st rd pick. You are acting like every single top tier corner, DE, LB, were all high first rd picks. 

Um if the pats had a chance for a player with the skill set of Barkley they would take him hands down but those kind of players don’t fall to the pants. Also you talk about the pats. 

Selective drafting in the past is what hurt the Browns. When they past up BPA and try and get cute has hurt them. 

You don’t pass up talent like Barkley. Now if Barkley was just an avg back coming, it be a non issues but he isn’t an avg back. I’ll trust the evaluations of others than one jag off

1 hour ago, zappa13004 said:

Zeke is better than Barkley but not by much IMO

Archived