Who Should I Keep?: Post Your Keeper Questions here.

EaglesPeteC

7 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

would you drop Burkhead right now for Saints Defense or Ravens

They are pretty much the same to me. When in doubt i go with strength of schedule(i know i know, stuff changes) but with that said I'd go with Baltimore plus they have an easier division. No one is disputing that

9 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Who would you keep PPR League:

QB: Stafford

RB:  Gurley, Mixon, Drake, Mack, Burkhead

WR: M Thomas, D Adams, A Cooper, T Hilton, C Davis, A Robinson

TE: J Reed, D Njoku

I need to pick up a defense and kicker.. Probably get a kicker at the end of preseason but I'm nervous about defense. Will have to drop 2, who would you drop? I kinda want to pick up a defense in mind with Saints and Ravens on the board... 

I'm thinking of dropping Burkhead? talk me in or out of it

Honestly I’m dropping Mack and Njoku. I think Mack get stuck in a timeshare but that’s just me. I’d hold out as long as possible before picking a defense and kicker. 

9 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

would you drop Burkhead right now for Saints Defense or Ravens

More so the Ravens than the Saints.  I still don't trust the Saints.  I would probably drop Njoku first and maybe try to trade Burkhead with one of your WR or other RB for an upgrade at RB or WR.  I would think Burkhead and Copper or Hilton could get you Evans or something along those lines.

I am in a 16 team league, weird rosters (QB, 2 RB/WR, 2 WR/TE, DEF, K, IDP) and scoring  (.5 point ppr, 4 pt passing TDs, .25 pt per completion for QB, .25 for receiving first downs, 1 point per 25 return yards). We can't keep anyone in the first 3 rounds of the draft and can't keep two at the same position and you can only .  You lose the pick you drafted them with in the PY, free agents are a 12th round pick.  It is a 14 round draft.  Here are my options.

RB - Alex Collins 12th rd, Marlon Mack 13th Rd

QB - Carson Wentz 6th rd

WR - Julian Edelman 12th rd, Will Fuller 12th rd

If I keep two in the same rounds, I will lose the pick a round earlier if I keep two 12th round players.  I am leaning Collins and Fuller at the moment but in a 16 team league with .25 points per completion, QBs go early so Wentz will probably be gone in the 2nd or 3rd.  I don't have to set them until two days before the draft at the end of the month so I can keep an eye on Edelman and Mack's status but wanted others thoughts.

13 hours ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Honestly I’m dropping Mack and Njoku. I think Mack get stuck in a timeshare but that’s just me. I’d hold out as long as possible before picking a defense and kicker. 

I feel like Burkhead might be in 1 too. The Patriots at least spent a high pick on a RB

11 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I am in a 16 team league, weird rosters (QB, 2 RB/WR, 2 WR/TE, DEF, K, IDP) and scoring  (.5 point ppr, 4 pt passing TDs, .25 pt per completion for QB, .25 for receiving first downs, 1 point per 25 return yards). We can't keep anyone in the first 3 rounds of the draft and can't keep two at the same position and you can only .  You lose the pick you drafted them with in the PY, free agents are a 12th round pick.  It is a 14 round draft.  Here are my options.

RB - Alex Collins 12th rd, Marlon Mack 13th Rd

QB - Carson Wentz 6th rd

WR - Julian Edelman 12th rd, Will Fuller 12th rd

If I keep two in the same rounds, I will lose the pick a round earlier if I keep two 12th round players.  I am leaning Collins and Fuller at the moment but in a 16 team league with .25 points per completion, QBs go early so Wentz will probably be gone in the 2nd or 3rd.  I don't have to set them until two days before the draft at the end of the month so I can keep an eye on Edelman and Mack's status but wanted others thoughts.

I wouldnt think about Mack at all. Collins is better and 1 round different is nothing. I'd rather have Fuller over Edelman too so it really comes down to Collins, Fuller and Wentz. The fact Collins/Fuller would cost an 11th doesnt mean any difference to me imo. I think I'd lean towards Wentz/Collins. Getting a RB that late is  tough and Wentz is a Top-5 QB and in a 16 team league that is a big deal. I like Fuller alot but he isn't exactly a major PPR WR either(although Collins isn't a PPR RB)

My league is moving to full 1 point ppr league this year. It is also a 2 quarterback league. Trying to decide on a single keeper. My quarterbacks are pretty much hot garbage (Winston / Big Ben / Cousins), so not worth the keeper there. It's essentially coming down to 3 players

Kareem Hunt

Deandre Hopkins

Michael Thomas

I think it has to be Hunt for a couple of reasons. One, I suspect that the majority of keepers will be running backs. If that is the case, and I end up picking at the end of the draft, I could be forced to go 0RB, which is not ideal. Here is what I forsee: 

Team 1 Keeper: Leonard Fournette. He doesn't really have much else worthwhile to keep. Doug Baldwin, Jimmy G are probably his most notable other players. 

Team 2 Keeper: Shady McCoy. He also has McKinnon, but I can't imagine he will keep him over Shady. His best receiver is Davante Adams, and his QBs are Wilson / Bortles. 

Team 3 Keeper: Julio. His running backs aren't keeper worth (Hyde, McCAffrey, Lamar Miller) and his quarterbacks are solid but unspectacular (Rivers / Stafford / Alex Smith). His second receiver is AJ green, so I think it comes down to he and Julio, and I don't think you give up Julio in that situation. 

Team 4 Keeper: Honestly have no idea. His team is really bad. Mike Evans, Adam Thielen and Carson Wentz would seem the most likely. 

Team 5 Keeper: This will be a bit interesting because he has both David Johnson and Zeke. Johnson has more value in a PPR league, particularly a full point, but Zeke is super steady, not coming off an injury, and honestly, I don't know that this guy thinks about it that deeply. My gut says it will be Zeke he keeps. He also has Brees who will hit the market I would assume. 

Team 6 Keeper: Guessing Melvin Gordon. He has solid wide receivers, but not first / second round type receivers (Tyreke Hill, Brandin Cooks). His quarterbacks are a mess (Tyrod, Foles). I think it has to be Gordon. 

Team 7 Keeper: The reigning champ of our league (he and I were neck and neck all year, I slightly outscored him in total points for the season, but he had the better record and of course had Gurley for hte playoffs, so I never stood a chance there despite scoring 160 against him lol). He's going to have a decision - Gurley or Laveon. Pretty brutal. But one of them will be on the market. 

Team 8 Keeper: Antonio Brown. He also has Kamara, so there's an outside shot he keeps the latter, particularly given Ingram (whom he also owns) is out 4 weeks. But I'm going to assume Brown, who's legitimately worth the top overall pick in a full ppr league. He also has Tom Brady, so that's a realistic keeper in a 2 qb league I suppose. 

Team 9 Keeper: Davonta Freeman? His team is pretty bad. Landry and Cooper are his wide receivers, but neither of those are worth a keeper, and his quarterbacks are Carr and Goff. I suppose he could get tricky and keep Goff since it's not like Freeman is upper echelon type running back, but it's probably pretty close. 

So there should certainly be the best quarterbacks available. But if 6 of the other 9 teams keep running backs, that's going to be pretty limiting with regards to running backs early on, and again, if I"m at the back end of round 1, DJ / Bell or Gurley will both most certainly be gone. Kamara possibly would be as would Barkley I"m almost certain. So from that perspective, Hunt seems to be a logical choice. 

But I like the move to a full PPR for Hopkins and Thomas, especiallythe latter, who I think is coming off a slightly down touchdown year (I'm going to expect more than the 5 he got last year). I expect some regression from Hopkins and maybe Hunt with regards to comparing them to last years numbers, but obviously these three guys should come fairly close to one another. 

So who do you guys got here? Should I play it safe and take Hunt? If I'm picking at the top of the first I could potentially pair him with Gurley / Bell, DJ, Kamara, any of the top quarterbacks (obviously, in a 2 qb league at a full 6 points per TD, quarterbacks are worthy of a first round pick) and a few of the top receivers (including Hopkins / Thomas). If I pick at the back end of round one, I could probably grab Odell, or Hopkins / Thomas, and then on the swing around in round 2, grab Cook / McKinnon to pair as the other running back with Hunt. 

If I keep one of the wide receivers, I have to assume Hunt / Barkley / two premier unkept rbs DJ are all gone, along with maybe Kamara, and I either have to reach a bit for running backs in rounds 1/2, or I hit the receiver position a ton and go 0 RB until round 4 or so . 

10-team, 0.5 PPR. You can keep up to 4 players (one must be a rookie from the prior year). You can keep a player twice and I haven’t kept any of my current players. You pay the round the player was selected the prior year.

1 A.J. Green, 2 Hunt, 3 K.Allen, 4 Mixon, 6 Ertz, 9 Kamara, 13 Wentz, 14 Jamaal Williams, 19 D.Watson, 19 Smith-Schuster, 19 J.Gordon, 19 A.Jones.

Which four would you keeper?

2 hours ago, Forge said:

My league is moving to full 1 point ppr league this year. It is also a 2 quarterback league. Trying to decide on a single keeper. My quarterbacks are pretty much hot garbage (Winston / Big Ben / Cousins), so not worth the keeper there. It's essentially coming down to 3 players

Kareem Hunt

Deandre Hopkins

Michael Thomas

I think it has to be Hunt for a couple of reasons. One, I suspect that the majority of keepers will be running backs. If that is the case, and I end up picking at the end of the draft, I could be forced to go 0RB, which is not ideal. Here is what I forsee: 

Team 1 Keeper: Leonard Fournette. He doesn't really have much else worthwhile to keep. Doug Baldwin, Jimmy G are probably his most notable other players. 

Team 2 Keeper: Shady McCoy. He also has McKinnon, but I can't imagine he will keep him over Shady. His best receiver is Davante Adams, and his QBs are Wilson / Bortles. 

Team 3 Keeper: Julio. His running backs aren't keeper worth (Hyde, McCAffrey, Lamar Miller) and his quarterbacks are solid but unspectacular (Rivers / Stafford / Alex Smith). His second receiver is AJ green, so I think it comes down to he and Julio, and I don't think you give up Julio in that situation. 

Team 4 Keeper: Honestly have no idea. His team is really bad. Mike Evans, Adam Thielen and Carson Wentz would seem the most likely. 

Team 5 Keeper: This will be a bit interesting because he has both David Johnson and Zeke. Johnson has more value in a PPR league, particularly a full point, but Zeke is super steady, not coming off an injury, and honestly, I don't know that this guy thinks about it that deeply. My gut says it will be Zeke he keeps. He also has Brees who will hit the market I would assume. 

Team 6 Keeper: Guessing Melvin Gordon. He has solid wide receivers, but not first / second round type receivers (Tyreke Hill, Brandin Cooks). His quarterbacks are a mess (Tyrod, Foles). I think it has to be Gordon. 

Team 7 Keeper: The reigning champ of our league (he and I were neck and neck all year, I slightly outscored him in total points for the season, but he had the better record and of course had Gurley for hte playoffs, so I never stood a chance there despite scoring 160 against him lol). He's going to have a decision - Gurley or Laveon. Pretty brutal. But one of them will be on the market. 

Team 8 Keeper: Antonio Brown. He also has Kamara, so there's an outside shot he keeps the latter, particularly given Ingram (whom he also owns) is out 4 weeks. But I'm going to assume Brown, who's legitimately worth the top overall pick in a full ppr league. He also has Tom Brady, so that's a realistic keeper in a 2 qb league I suppose. 

Team 9 Keeper: Davonta Freeman? His team is pretty bad. Landry and Cooper are his wide receivers, but neither of those are worth a keeper, and his quarterbacks are Carr and Goff. I suppose he could get tricky and keep Goff since it's not like Freeman is upper echelon type running back, but it's probably pretty close. 

So there should certainly be the best quarterbacks available. But if 6 of the other 9 teams keep running backs, that's going to be pretty limiting with regards to running backs early on, and again, if I"m at the back end of round 1, DJ / Bell or Gurley will both most certainly be gone. Kamara possibly would be as would Barkley I"m almost certain. So from that perspective, Hunt seems to be a logical choice. 

But I like the move to a full PPR for Hopkins and Thomas, especiallythe latter, who I think is coming off a slightly down touchdown year (I'm going to expect more than the 5 he got last year). I expect some regression from Hopkins and maybe Hunt with regards to comparing them to last years numbers, but obviously these three guys should come fairly close to one another. 

So who do you guys got here? Should I play it safe and take Hunt? If I'm picking at the top of the first I could potentially pair him with Gurley / Bell, DJ, Kamara, any of the top quarterbacks (obviously, in a 2 qb league at a full 6 points per TD, quarterbacks are worthy of a first round pick) and a few of the top receivers (including Hopkins / Thomas). If I pick at the back end of round one, I could probably grab Odell, or Hopkins / Thomas, and then on the swing around in round 2, grab Cook / McKinnon to pair as the other running back with Hunt. 

If I keep one of the wide receivers, I have to assume Hunt / Barkley / two premier unkept rbs DJ are all gone, along with maybe Kamara, and I either have to reach a bit for running backs in rounds 1/2, or I hit the receiver position a ton and go 0 RB until round 4 or so . 

Without knowing your spot i think you absolutely have to keep Hunt

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

10-team, 0.5 PPR. You can keep up to 4 players (one must be a rookie from the prior year). You can keep a player twice and I haven’t kept any of my current players. You pay the round the player was selected the prior year.

1 A.J. Green, 2 Hunt, 3 K.Allen, 4 Mixon, 6 Ertz, 9 Kamara, 13 Wentz, 14 Jamaal Williams, 19 D.Watson, 19 Smith-Schuster, 19 J.Gordon, 19 A.Jones.

Which four would you keeper?

You spent a 2nd on Hunt last year? Shocked to see it so high

No to AJ Green, Jamaal Williams, and Jones for simply value. 

Can you keep guys at the same round but it costs the next round? Thats sort of important. 

Kamara is a 100% slam dunk and can be your "must be rookie" guy

I have Watson just behind Wentz but its so close that I'd eliminate Wentz here

I'd have Juju right there with Gordon so that is a preference really

Hunt and Allen might cost more than some of the "values" but they set you up very nicely. Its so hard to throw Ertz, Juju and Gordon back though

22 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

You spent a 2nd on Hunt last year? Shocked to see it so high

No to AJ Green, Jamaal Williams, and Jones for simply value. 

Can you keep guys at the same round but it costs the next round? Thats sort of important. 

Kamara is a 100% slam dunk and can be your "must be rookie" guy

I have Watson just behind Wentz but its so close that I'd eliminate Wentz here

I'd have Juju right there with Gordon so that is a preference really

Hunt and Allen might cost more than some of the "values" but they set you up very nicely. Its so hard to throw Ertz, Juju and Gordon back though

What do you think about Mixon in the 4th?

what challenging is that 40 players will be kept, so players drafted in the 3-4 rounds are actually probably 6-7 rounders in a redrafter league. That is why I took Hunt in the 2nd last year. 

Right now I feel pretty comfortable with Kamara in the 9th and Watson and Juju with my last round picks. I’m in the process of shipping Gordon for a 4th rounder. It’d going to come down to Hunt in the 2nd, Allen in the 3rd, or Mixon in the forth. I feel all of the above have value over their ADP. 

Somethimg else to consider is what I’m looking at in the first round. I picked 5th overall and the following players will be available: Gurley, Johnson, OBJ, and Julio Jones...along with Barkley. So I’ll be guaranteed on of those guys, though I’m honestly much more high on Gurley, Johnson, OBJ, and Barkley than I am Julio Jones. I honestly have Allen and a few other WRs just as high as Jones who may be available in the 2nd. So by not keeping Hunt, and keeping Allen or Mixon instead, it would guarantee that I get either my top four guys or Hunt in the 1st. 

2 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

What do you think about Mixon in the 4th?

what challenging is that 40 players will be kept, so players drafted in the 3-4 rounds are actually probably 6-7 rounders in a redrafter league. That is why I took Hunt in the 2nd last year. 

Right now I feel pretty comfortable with Kamara in the 9th and Watson and Juju with my last round picks. I’m in the process of shipping Gordon for a 4th rounder. It’d going to come down to Hunt in the 2nd, Allen in the 3rd, or Mixon in the forth. I feel all of the above have value over their ADP. 

Somethimg else to consider is what I’m looking at in the first round. I picked 5th overall and the following players will be available: Gurley, Johnson, OBJ, and Julio Jones...along with Barkley. So I’ll be guaranteed on of those guys, though I’m honestly much more high on Gurley, Johnson, OBJ, and Barkley than I am Julio Jones. I honestly have Allen and a few other WRs just as high as Jones who may be available in the 2nd. So by not keeping Hunt, and keeping Allen or Mixon instead, it would guarantee that I get either my top four guys or Hunt in the 1st. 

I agree that all 3 are good value but when in doubt, dont get cute. Pick the best guy. I know Mixon is enticing but he had a TERRIBLE rookie year and Allen has injury issues. I know Hunt costs the most but he is the safest play

Archived