Bowl Games Discussion (Draft Prospects)

Thaiphoon

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

He does get the best prospects in the country which definitely helps him out as a coach. 

Yea dude but he used his talent perfectly . He's someone that's I would love on this staff . Smh he probably would seat Gruden , dude is a college football geniuses .

My initial comment that I made saying Saban is a pompous a$$  I never said he wasn’t a good college coach  

You want a quitter to be on this coaching staff. Couldn’t hack it in the NFL, so he went back to college. 

Great COLLEGE coach. He will stay where he can be successful. 

Is he a great coach or a tremendous recruiter? He had success at LSU but not like this and he's basically getting all of the top talent from everywhere. He got most of the top talent out of NoVa for crying out loud. Who knows, maybe he's both?

Unless some transcendent talent goes to another power 5 school like Deshaun Watson, Tim Tebow or Cam Newton, I don't see how Alabama loses anytime soon? 

7 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

My initial comment that I made saying Saban is a pompous a$$  I never said he wasn’t a good college coach  

You want a quitter to be on this coaching staff. Couldn’t hack it in the NFL, so he went back to college. 

Great COLLEGE coach. He will stay where he can be successful. 

He left cause the dolphins didn't give him full control . And he knew his legacy would of been ruined .he wanted drew Brees badly but Brees failed there condition .

other than that he's an amazing coach to have even when he was the coordinator for the Browns.  The dolphins could of be better had they signed Brees . Shoot had that happen Saban would of stayed .

10 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Is he a great coach or a tremendous recruiter? He had success at LSU but not like this and he's basically getting all of the top talent from everywhere. He got most of the top talent out of NoVa for crying out loud. Who knows, maybe he's both?

Unless some transcendent talent goes to another power 5 school like Deshaun Watson, Tim Tebow or Cam Newton, I don't see how Alabama loses anytime soon? 

I used to feel the same way you do about Saban but he showed me some West Virginia and Kent State guts last night! His decision to bench Hurts and go to the Hawaiian assassin was a great coaching decision. Before that decision it looked like Alabama was going to lose its second straight national championship and they made defensive adjustments and shut down Georgia more in the second half.

11 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I guess he's a prospect.

Hey @Jeezy Fanatic and others. Did you know we signed Stephen Morris to a reserved/futures contract?

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/redskins-stephen-morris-finds-employment-with-redskins/

Maybe I missed it in the forum.

He wasnt a big wow in preseason but he felt the pass rush well. Good arm good leadership . Good project player 

1 hour ago, Dashing202 said:

He wasnt a big wow in preseason but he felt the pass rush well. Good arm good leadership . Good project player 

Just what we need, another project at qb... I swear, the projects at qb are never ending for this franchise but it looks like for the 3rd time in the last 25 years the Redskins will trade away or not re-sign a possible franchise quarterback.

1. Stan Humphries 

2. Trent Green

... and now, probably Kirk Cousins while DanBuce will likely draft the 2nd coming of Johnny Manziel

15 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Just what we need, another project at qb... I swear, the projects at qb are never ending for this franchise but it looks like for the 3rd time in the last 25 years the Redskins will trade away or not re-sign a possible franchise quarterback.

1. Stan Humphries 

2. Trent Green

... and now, probably Kirk Cousins while DanBuce will likely draft the 2nd coming of Johnny Manziel

Mayfield has potential turtle .

1 minute ago, Dashing202 said:

Mayfield has potential turtle .

Sure, every person that gets drafted has potential but I don’t think Mayfield plays structured enough in an offense to be a good nfl starter - he’s the exact opposite of Cousins - which may be exciting for a while like it was watching Grossman just chuck it downfield to covered wrs all game and throw 20 plus ints, but when we constantly lose because he won’t run the offense correctly and complete passes on time from in the pocket  it will get old.

11 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

I don't like the idea of sam Bradford but he's my number one FA qb is kirks gone .

bradford has had two decent years .

I wouldn’t mind Bradford. He’s one of my top choices as well if Kirk is gone. I hope that we have a chance to get McCcarron though if Kirk is gone. I’m not sure if McCarron will be allowed to be a free agent though or if we’d have to trade for him, and I don’t want to trade for a qb. I would want Alex Smith if Kirk is gone, but I don’t want to have to trade a high pick for another veteran like we did for McNabb.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/12/11/16758720/aj-mccarron-free-agency-designation-expected-february-bengals

On Sunday, NFL Insider Jason La Canfora reported that a ruling on McCarron's free agency status won't be decided until February. The NFLPA is making the case that McCarron should be designated as an unrestricted free agent while the league itself (and the Bengals) are arguing that he should be a restricted free agent.Dec 11, 2017

Manziel and Mayfield aren't even comparable. One played sandlot football and the other plays in an offense that requires him to read defenses and go through progressions. The only knock Baker has on him right now is he exclusively played in shotgun which Goff has shown shouldn't be much of an issue if you have the correct guy teaching him at the next level. 

He's a high percentage passer with a tremendous deep ball who also features advanced mechanics. He doesn't have a silly wind up and he transfers his weight extremely well when throwing from the pocket which prevents overthrowing a lot of passes. An issue Lamar Jackson seems to have. He's an outstanding talented that many are dismissing because they dislike his personality. If he was an inch or two taller and had the demeanor of Darnold he'd be the run away top choice in the draft. 

Archived