Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

It could very well have been, "We can't give Adams the fully guaranteed 4 year $120m that he is asking for."  Open communication involves tough decisions and tough topics. GB isn't going to give Rodgers everything he would want, and I don't think Rodgers expects that. Just open and honest communication, which seems to have happened. Then the chips will fall where they may.

I agree. You want these numbers to fit into some kind of coherent and yet still competitive cost/roster - then they'd better be talking and hashing it all out.

The public word is that GB & Davante aren't talking. How accurate that is....I've no clue.

Again.....I think I may be less sure AR wants back than some around here. IF - he can go elsewhere without taking a pay cut............................................................

Who knows. Time will tell.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

No, they just add a void year on to both deals and fit them. Where we're headed is not pretty for the cap, and it's going to suck for a year or two to get out of it. We'll either be Denver and it pays off with a ring, or New Orleans and we'll watch Rodgers on SNF while we struggle with cap hell. 

I'm not so sure I want both these guys back if by doing so we've got to trash "the future" - i.e. - when they're not around anymore.

We could probably work out a viable cap number and small cap crush in the future by bring only one back - and adding draft picks to replenish our cheaper talent stocks.

NOLA I'm not interested in becoming.....especially when it's not entirely necessary. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

He's happy to acknowledge it exists in theory. He just doesn't think it should limit him in any way.

Cause, you know, he's a narcissist.

He acknowledges in every interview that this group of players won't be back again next year. He has also mentioned that some guys can't be back because of the cap. The rest of the liar, narcissist, non-committed, puppy killer talk doesn't interest me. It affects my daily life exactly zero

Just now, Leader said:

I'm not so sure I want both these guys back if by doing so we've got to trash "the future" - i.e. - when they're not around anymore.

We could probably work out a viable cap number and small cap crush in the future by bring only one back - and adding draft picks to replenish our cheaper talent stocks.

NOLA I'm not interested in becoming.....especially when it's not entirely necessary. 

Bringing Rodgers back is another guaranteed playoff run, it's another year full of tourists, tours, pro shop purchases, etc.. it's also a guarantee of another years paycheck for every coach/FO member on our team. You can understand why they're OK to kick the can down the road. They'll get a few years leash post-Rodgers, keeping him around longer only extends that leash. 

I think trading him should be the healthiest move for the long-term, but I can understand being in that room if he wants back why they'll do what they can to run it back. 

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

It's not an easy situation for sure. But you can be sure no one in that front office wants to go 3-14 next year 

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Bringing Rodgers back is another guaranteed playoff run, it's another year full of tourists, tours, pro shop purchases, etc.. it's also a guarantee of another years paycheck for every coach/FO member on our team. You can understand why they're OK to kick the can down the road. They'll get a few years leash post-Rodgers, keeping him around longer only extends that leash. 

I think trading him should be the healthiest move for the long-term, but I can understand being in that room if he wants back why they'll do what they can to run it back. 

I've been relatively quiet on this but if Rodgers is brought back and the team doesn't win a SuperBowl both Gute and Murphy should 100% be fired/forced to resign. 

The only successful outcome of Rodgers returning is a ring. Otherwise they've set the team back 5 years and you 100% deserve to lose your job for that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

I've been relatively quiet on this but if Rodgers is brought back and the team doesn't win a SuperBowl both Gute and Murphy should 100% be fired/forced to resign. 

The only successful outcome of Rodgers returning is a ring. Otherwise they've set the team back 5 years and you 100% deserve to lose your job for that. 

Murphy only has a few years left before retirement, but Gute, there's 0% chance that happens, as there should be. Gute will be judged on the roster he builds, not SB titles, and he's put together 2 consecutive ones capable of winning it all. 

It should be Rodgers and LaFleur who take the heat. 

15 minutes ago, cannondale said:

He acknowledges in every interview that this group of players won't be back again next year. He has also mentioned that some guys can't be back because of the cap. The rest of the liar, narcissist, non-committed, puppy killer talk doesn't interest me. It affects my daily life exactly zero

Of course, and then he ******* that we got rid of the wrong players.

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I think its important to the Packers to try have him retire as a Packer.    I think the Packer legacy is important to them.  Big fear is he goes somewhere and wins a Super Bowl with someone else.  Wouldnt bother me, but thats the lasting vision of Aaron Rodgers winning in another uniform.   Kinda like Brady winning the Super Bowl in Tampa Bay, seems like winning six in New England is now an afterthought.   Rodgers has one, what would winning one in another city do for his time in Green Bay???    What if Favre had won 2 Super Bowls in Minnesota?.   It changes the legacy thing.      I think thats a small part of what the Packers are looking at.   The legacy stuff can be big business for the Packers down the road.                                                               

7 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Disagree, these teams have been good and well put together. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Well said....and I agree with it entirely.

I too see AR returning as the best way to insure W's now - how that'll translate into playoff W's - I've honestly become less sure.

Let me explain myself.....

This is all happening on a BAD year......

What did we see this Playoffs? Nothing less than multiple QB's on multiple teams making multiple CRUCIAL drives for either winning or tieing points.

When again - we cant get a god damned first down.

Not a complaint! Not giving anybody **** - but damn, if thats not the fact.

The most extreme (and galling.....) : Only 13 seconds to tie the game? Not a problem!

Give me a ******* break.

Okay. Personal rant is over. I got it out of me.

Edited by Leader

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Of course, and then he ******* that we got rid of the wrong players.

Rodgers gets the business side of it, I think he's bitching more about the treatment of those guys. I mean they cut Jordy, who verbally stated he wanted to stay and take a pay cut, without asking him if he would take a pay cut. They let Clay's deal expire, never called him, then gave out his number the very next April.

Just because it's a cold business doesn't mean you need to act that way when your non-QB franchise faces age. 

• Like 1