Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

On 2/24/2022 at 6:43 PM, NFLGURU said:

I dont know if Rodgers ever gave up money for another player?

Brady has taken less, but its much easier when your wife is bringing in $30 mill a year and has a new worth of $400 mill.  

Rodgers has a net worth of over $150 mil, he's 40, that gives him the ability to squeak by on $3 mil per year until he's 90, but who'd want to live like that? 

Bottom line is the whole "well Brady's wife makes a lot of money" ignores that w/Rodgers CURRENT net worth + future earnings of well over 8 digits for the next year or three, he's still got more money than he'd every be able to spend (at least from what I know of his lifestyle - he has multiple houses and all that but he doesn't seem to be stupid with his money). He could EASILY take a $16m Brady contract, he just doesn't want to. And I'm not saying he should or has to, just that at this point the money is its own thing vs him securing his financial future. 

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Those were the only obvious restructure candidates. Now we'll see if they try to extend a few guys to create some more room. Keep an eye on Jaire, Preston and Amos as probably the 3 likely choices.

Bakh would not have been done if Rodgers wasn't coming back IMO. Jones (because it was only 3m) and Clark were the obvious ones. Either that or they just feel really good about Bakh's knee cause I would have left that one if I had any doubt about Aaron.

56 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Rodgers has a net worth of over $150 mil, he's 40, that gives him the ability to squeak by on $3 mil per year until he's 90, but who'd want to live like that? 

Bottom line is the whole "well Brady's wife makes a lot of money" ignores that w/Rodgers CURRENT net worth + future earnings of well over 8 digits for the next year or three, he's still got more money than he'd every be able to spend (at least from what I know of his lifestyle - he has multiple houses and all that but he doesn't seem to be stupid with his money). He could EASILY take a $16m Brady contract, he just doesn't want to. And I'm not saying he should or has to, just that at this point the money is its own thing vs him securing his financial future. 

58 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

There are homeless people that's would say the same thing about you and I.  Why do you need all that money??  It's all relative. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Norm said:

No no no he's evil!!! 

Somewhat serious here, some of them act like it's the only topic he discusses is how much he hates Aaron or whatever. And he obviously gets asked about it a ton now.

It is what it is. Maybe it's all exaggerated trash, maybe people just don't want to believe bad things about their savior. 

I think the only time anything he says is brought up in WI anymore is when he says something bad about Aaron, which he really should learn to stop doing. Especially when these sources are right like 10% of the time.

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

Yearning for the insights of Ken Ingalls are you?  :)

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -  If the Packers did a simple restructure, this move saves $7.72M. If they added 2 void years it’s $9.264M.

Is this the move that puts Bakhs cap number at $30 mill for 2023??

21 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Is this the move that puts Bakhs cap number at $30 mill for 2023??

Found it per SI,

Bakhtiari’s cap numbers are $12.94 million for 2022, $28.58 million for 2023, $32.58 million for 2024 and $4.63 million in 2025, when he’s no longer under contract.