Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

I'm predicting that this Tuesday on the Pat show Rodgers will make his decision public. It's the same day that the franchsie tag deadline, so we'll know what is happeing with Adams. Also it will be after the combine so his agent and the Packers will have a good gauge of salary and compensation. It also gives the Packers time to make whatever adjustments prior to the start of the league year. Also the news is starting to hot up, leaks are coming out. 

4 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

Andrew Brandt made a good point on the Rich Eisen Show, which has Ryan Leaf taking Rich's spot, who is actually quite good, Andrew said if Rodgers wanted back this would already be done. The longer this goes the less likely I see him being back as a Packer.

I mean....the guy was making "I'm outta here" comments in just about every postgame presser - what with all the comments about all the gratitude and love he had for : the team, the coaches, the city, the fans, his teammates (past & present), the concession stand workers......etc. Then you can throw in about half the Mcafee stuff. Who makes *ongoing & repeated* speeches like that - and sticks with where he's at?

The only variable thats changed (IMO) is his relationship with Woodley. I felt that lifestyle choices were weighing heavily in his thinking. Now, not so sure.

Edited by Leader

5 hours ago, Sandy said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/04/aaron-rodgers-has-specific-destinations-in-place-if-he-chooses-to-leave-the-packers/amp/

This report seems bologna, but apparently Rodgers has narrowed it down to three teams aside from GB, deals are all in place and he just has to decide where.

It's Florio, but it would actually make sense because it's March 5. The Packers have to be under the cap in basically 10 days so I guarantee that if a trade is on the table, it's already been discussed with the other teams. There simply isn't time to just be starting this process now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

It's Florio, but it would actually make sense because it's March 5. The Packers have to be under the cap in basically 10 days so I guarantee that if a trade is on the table, it's already been discussed with the other teams. There simply isn't time to just be starting this process now. 

I don't see Pittsburgh. It's not a very good roster and the offensive line is not good. This does not seem like PIttsburgh's DNA either. They are draft and develop to the core. Although they did go get Fitzpatrick.

If the Kyler Murray smoke is real in Arizona, I'd throw them in the mix. If I'm Green Bay, the only team of the three that makes any sort of sense to us is Denver because of the 1st round pick in the top 10. 

1 hour ago, Brit Pack said:

I'm predicting that this Tuesday on the Pat show Rodgers will make his decision public. It's the same day that the franchsie tag deadline, so we'll know what is happeing with Adams. Also it will be after the combine so his agent and the Packers will have a good gauge of salary and compensation. It also gives the Packers time to make whatever adjustments prior to the start of the league year. Also the news is starting to hot up, leaks are coming out. 

Adams gets tagged, which means Cobb is cut and Rodgers is butt hurt. He uses this as an excuse we are not going all in and says he wants to play someplace else. 

The script has been written for a while. It's just now leaking out. 

Rodgers not being committed 100 percent to being a Green Bay Packer would have me wanting to ship him out If I was the Packers brass.  At most with Aaron you are talking 2-3 more years of playing .. maybe less.  Seize the moment to snag a bunch of picks/players and end this nonsense. 

Edited by {Family Ghost}
  • Like 4

Andrew Brandt -   Yes, I understand I could be wrong predicting that Aaron is not in Green Bay this year (as a fan, I hope I am). And understand all who think I will be. But Aaron knows all about the team/front office/coaches. And still can't commit to come back. And they're not begging him to.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

People falling for this stuff again is really something. Including many here. Goldfish-like memories.

Yah report really doesn't jive with what he has been saying for years.  He wants to retire a Packer.  Was a little bit shocked to see Ian's report.  Figured he was either going to retire or return to the Packers.  Wanting to play somewhere else didn't factor into the equation.   Hard to discount the report entirely though.  Ian is pretty reputable. 

If Rodgers isn't 100% committed to the Pack then I'd have to say it's time to move on.  Take the picks/players and rebuild.  Short term pain for long term gain.  We'll find out soon enough.  I've learned it's always best to hear it from Aaron.  A lot of misinformation floating around.